My First Box Art [PAL - Bonk's Return - Wii]
Well i've discovered I can't upload for another 24 hours, thanks to me forgetting to activate my account, so I figured i'd post it here.
It took me around two hours on photoshop.
Bonk is owned by Hudson Soft.
Lol, you don't have to say the copywrite stuff on here. Anywayz, the box is a good start! Some things to think about:
- Don't add an effect to the logo, just leave it as the official
- Make sure the front and back flow (the front is orange yet the back is green)
- Make your text sound official. "Baaaaaaack" is not a word in the English language
- Make the text on the side bigger. People have to read that on a store shelf!
- Try a different background for the back, I suggest just using official art and wallpapers of the game until you get into more advanced techniques (such as blending)
- Make the back more packed. Make the text and screens bigger. On official boxes, you won't find much wasted space (Well, you shouldn't >_>)
- Try adding a picture of Bonk to the back
- Add here's a place where you can get high-res logos and such: Link. Just go to whatever you want on the sub menu
Sorry if that was a little much, meant to be helpful not hurtful
The problem with the screens / logo, is that with the game's real platform (mobile phone) you can't really make the pictures bigger without a lack of quality. (The logo is ripped from the title screen via. Magic Wand)
Originally Posted by Shadow the Hedgehog
Anyway, i'll take on board this criticism and possibly make some changes soon. :]
Changed the colour of the background and the size of the title on the spine, not going to be able to make the screens bigger without blur, unfortunately :/
Last edited by Papercut; 08-24-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Alright, but that text on the side really has to be bigger! I mean, like, almost touching the edges. And you still gotta fill up the back, make the text bigger, and add something else to make it more interesting
Originally Posted by Papercut
Here's version 3, not sure what else I can put on the background to make it look better.
I think for my next boxart i'll try out a lot of tutorials, so it should be more official looking.
Tags for this Thread