$show[vbsec2]
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: The VGBoxArt thread of introductions

Quote Originally Posted by Speendlex View Post
    Hello. My name's Irina, I'm 16 years old, I'm from ukraine. I'm using Photoshop for a few years, but I made mostly wallpapers and forum stuff. Now I'm trying to make boxes.
    hi!
    no

Hello and welcome to VGBA.

Welcome Speendlex. Nice to see new people coming here

~ New content is coming soon. ~

My name is chanakya and I am from India , I am 23, I play most kinds of video games, play sports, listen to music and drawings. I haven't good knowledge of Photoshop

Hi everyone!

Linky439 here, 23 year old guy from France. I've known the website for quite long but never took the time to make a box myself or check out the forums... Until now!
    I'm mostly a Nintendo player, I've started with the GBC and had most of their consoles since then! My favorite series is Metroid, with Zelda being a close second.

I'm working on a box as of now, should have a first version ready in a day or two. Anyway, see you on the forum!

Hey man,

welcome to this dead ass site but it's good there's new people using the forums.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've seen the site isn't as active as it probably used to be - but hey, better late than never!

Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. My hobbies are playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books. I do hope to get along with everyone.

Hello everyone!

I feel like am reaching out to some rehab center, regarding my addiction of collecting games :-) "Hello my name is Vlad and I am a game collector addict - heeeeellooooo Vlaaaad" hahaha...hehe...heh ... Ok.

So, my name is Vlad, I am 28 years old and I enjoy collecting video games. I don't enjoy playing them as much as I love buying them, finding deals/rares on ebay-like sites and, recently, reprinting their covers. I am from Romania, I have a license diploma in Computer Science, Applied Informatics and, for 7 years now, my day job has been a developer in a multinational.

I used to repair broken down portable game consoles - I had my phase with nintendo consoles (gameboys, 3ds-es) but it passed. I used to have a 50+ PSP game collection and fixed and sold a couple of PSP-3000s, but didn't really stick to me (I still have a custom built, transparent blue, PSP 3000 in mint condition that I use to run emulators, but I sold everything else). PSVita and PS4, though, it's something that I somehow gravitate towards (I currently have +140 games in my collection). I bought the PS4 as a Black Friday deal, and never regretted my choice (upgraded to PS4PRO recently). I bought the Vita out of impulse, along with my brother, and even though I don't play it that much, I enjoy the exclusivity of the platform and the rarity of the games. It's a blessing and a curse, really ...

Some time ago I bought a loose version of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 +, for the Vita, and couldn't rest having it without a case. I managed to find a case but didn't have a cover. I printed the first thing I found online and thought I was done with it. However, suddenly having the power to print my own covers, allowed me to develop a new (expensive) hobby, and that is to "fix" the covers I already have.

I just cannot stand plain looking game cover sides. Black Arial-like text on white backgrounds, white texts on black backgrounds, lazily slapped on texts on otherwise beautiful artwork? Yeah, I hate those. So much potential is being wasted with the sides of the physical copies of the games. I decided to scan the covers with plain texts, modify the side and reprint the cover. Many iterations, wasted hours and some spent cash later, I reached a point where most of my Vita games have reprinted covers. The next step is the PS4 games. I decided to share my scans and modified covers, and this is how I reached VGBA.

I hope I have the chance to contribute!

Cheers!

Cheers