VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Abandon-O-Rama

I think it would look great without the black box behind the logo.

Not really much abandoned as much as just me not wanting to upload to the site. Dont think it reflects my quality of work, can do much better. But I did go for a much brighter view of the game. There are still tweaks and add ons that needed to be done but no point really if i dont care for the final result. And yes I know it should be on a Xbox Arcade template, but i cant find a good one anywhere. Anyways thanks for viewing

Oh, come on. You know that it looks fantastic, there is no reason to post it here just so people can tell you so. Post it to the main site, it looks great.

I'm not a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that patrick has no eyes

only sunglasses

I'll have to agree with Eggboy. I like bright themes, no doubt, but it doesn't fit particularly well with 'I Am Alive'. The coloring of the logo and tagline could have been more well thought out too, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deividas View Post
    Not really much abandoned as much as just me not wanting to upload to the site. Dont think it reflects my quality of work, can do much better. But I did go for a much brighter view of the game. There are still tweaks and add ons that needed to be done but no point really if i dont care for the final result. And yes I know it should be on a Xbox Arcade template, but i cant find a good one anywhere. Anyways thanks for viewing
    I think it's odd that this thread has turned into, I'm going to post a never before seen cover in this thread to get cries of, "Oh, please don't abandon it". Especially when you suit up the cover in a fancy presentation like you were planning to submit the box anyway. If you need help, please make a WIP thread.

I know you didn't plan on posting this to the main site, but posting it here is teasing us unless you actually posted it on the main site first, deleted it, and then abandoned it.

So this topic is about Box Arts that were "canceled"?

I have an unfinished box art for Metroid but I don't think the files are still in my computer, since I delete most of my unfinished works.

Click here for Portfolio | Xbox Live - Steam - PSN ID AlexHidanBR

Quote Originally Posted by Higashi89 View Post
    I delete most of my unfinished works.
    Really? I try to keep them in case I come up with an idea later.

Quote Originally Posted by Throavium View Post
    I think it's odd that this thread has turned into, I'm going to post a never before seen cover in this thread to get cries of, "Oh, please don't abandon it". Especially when you suit up the cover in a fancy presentation like you were planning to submit the box anyway. If you need help, please make a WIP thread.

I know you didn't plan on posting this to the main site, but posting it here is teasing us unless you actually posted it on the main site first, deleted it, and then abandoned it.
    "Showcase your unfinished/experimental and abandonned boxes."
    This was an experimental box with lighting for a game that probably should not have this much light in it. I didn't think it turned out all that well so I didn't upload it. I put a presentation on because I still upload all my work to DeviantArt, so a presentation still looks much cleaner than just a flat piece of paper. I know when I need help and I make a WIP when I need to, but since this is MY work, I will decide if I want to make a WIP or just abandon it and not upload it to the site. And since I am breaking no rule when I post a piece of work here, I dont see the problem.

@Higashi89
    Yea why do you delete all of them? Like Throav said, you could come up with something later

Quote Originally Posted by Deividas View Post
    "Showcase your unfinished/experimental and abandonned boxes."
    This was an experimental box with lighting for a game that probably should not have this much light in it. I didn't think it turned out all that well so I didn't upload it. I put a presentation on because I still upload all my work to DeviantArt, so a presentation still looks much cleaner than just a flat piece of paper. I know when I need help and I make a WIP when I need to, but since this is MY work, I will decide if I want to make a WIP or just abandon it and not upload it to the site. And since I am breaking no rule when I post a piece of work here, I dont see the problem.
    I understand, thanks.

I understand, thanks.
    Yea sure, I know your not a huge fan of this thread, but maybe thats because you cant really use it lol your work is usually too good to abandon.

Really? I try to keep them in case I come up with an idea later.
    I have this thing like... why to have something on your hard drive if you never use it? Just to fill unnecessary espace? That's what I think, even because my hard drive only has 10gb left of 250gb

Click here for Portfolio | Xbox Live - Steam - PSN ID AlexHidanBR

Was going to be my entry for the Judge a Book comp but I ran out of ideas on the front and subsequently ran out of time.

I still plan on doing a XIII-2 box, just not with this design.

Quote Originally Posted by super-mega-hyper-sonic View Post

Was going to be my entry for the Judge a Book comp but I ran out of ideas on the front and subsequently ran out of time.
    The back looks pretty good, but I don't know about the front. Looks a bit too similar to this: http://vgboxart.com/view/16370/shado...edgehog-cover/

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_the_dinosoar View Post
    The back looks pretty good, but I don't know about the front. Looks a bit too similar to this: http://vgboxart.com/view/16370/shado...edgehog-cover/
    I was planning on putting some characters there and stuff.

Booooooooorrrrrriiiiinnnnng

I made this. Thought to myself, knowing people here, It's best if I just leave it since they'll go full retard on me.

I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr