$show[vbsec2]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VGBA is NOT dead.

Talking VGBA is NOT dead.

Hello, my name is Waterlordo.

It has been quite a while since I have checked VGBA. For anyone who doesn't know me, it makes sense because I was quite interactive with the community some years ago. It's a nice sigh of relief to see that there are still people making boxes. Back in my day, there was a couple names such a Eggboy (WHO IS STILL HERE), Twoxt, Luigi53, and many others who have been lost to the sands of time. I love checking out all the new boxes, and it sort of inspires me to want to make my own again! I just wish VGBA was as popular as it was back then, but still nice to see people communicating.

Quote Originally Posted by waterlordo View Post
    Hello, my name is Waterlordo.

It has been quite a while since I have checked VGBA. For anyone who doesn't know me, it makes sense because I was quite interactive with the community some years ago. It's a nice sigh of relief to see that there are still people making boxes. Back in my day, there was a couple names such a Eggboy (WHO IS STILL HERE), Twoxt, Luigi53, and many others who have been lost to the sands of time. I love checking out all the new boxes, and it sort of inspires me to want to make my own again! I just wish VGBA was as popular as it was back then, but still nice to see people communicating.

cool!

Luigi IN

ediT: for real though I miss twoxT he was a cool guy

VGBA is NOT dead.
    Somehow.

I remember you, though I was probably on a different account back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic the Hedgehog View Post
    Somehow.

I remember you, though I was probably on a different account back then.
    That's cool, and yeah I agree. I was almost positive that barely anybody would be on here still, I would have been sick if I logged back on after years and seen that the site was dead LOL

I'm still here! Though not as active as I'd like to be due to life and job and shit but I'm still around and I do see some old members around (possibly with new names). As for me, I used to be known as Watson. Nowadays I just go by Steve and make a box from time to time.

Also, if anyone would like to collab, I'm totally down!

I browse every now and then!

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiStar View Post
    A name I thought I wouldn't see again.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiStar View Post
    A legend is still among us.
    Twitter: JasonXXIV | Instagram: JasonXXIV | PSN: NYMetsAllstar24 | WiP Thread <-- HELP

I come in sometimes, mostly because I'm trying to finish a box I've barely started since last month. I think I'll finish at the end of this year if I keep this pace

Working on something right now as a matter of fact.

The reason the site is so dead now is because there are better sites that change stuff up and are more organized. http://www.hirescovers.net is a good example. They hold contest every month and give out prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by jevangod View Post
    The reason the site is so dead now is because there are better sites that change stuff up and are more organized. http://www.hirescovers.net is a good example. They hold contest every month and give out prizes.
    There are many other, more important reasons though. However, they've been discussed to death so I won't retread.

I check this site every once and a while. I'll most likely never post a box again but I was never good at it to begin with, I got one Hall of Fame and that will be good enough for me. I choose not to be active because there's not really much going on, but I'll usually always check in at least once a year.

we have a p active discord with plenty of old vgba members.

and tbh 2015/16 was good for this site b/c we hosted a lot of comps but i know a lot of us are currently in uni/full time jobs and finding time for this sort of thing is difficult.

for me personally i've moved away from graphic design and am now pursuing illustration and working on personal projects.

I p much just hang out on the discord at this point.

tbh I agree with Pape. When I work 40 hours a week I don't want to do more work on something maybe only I care about.

For me, I'm not big on graphic design anymore, and I am more into writing stories and poems,
    Places To Find Me
    [Steam] [Tumblr]

I think that's exactly what happened with me. There's definitely a difference between being 23 and being 13 when I joined this site, or even being 15 or 16 when I was most invested here. I do almost no graphic work anymore and I agree with Lestat about not wanting to put too much time into something that may only interest me. But oh boy, did I love this website at its peak.
    Twitter: JasonXXIV | Instagram: JasonXXIV | PSN: NYMetsAllstar24 | WiP Thread <-- HELP

Can I get a link to the discord? Finally decided to bother with this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi53 View Post
    I check this site every once and a while. I'll most likely never post a box again but I was never good at it to begin with, I got one Hall of Fame and that will be good enough for me. I choose not to be active because there's not really much going on, but I'll usually always check in at least once a year.
    See, told ya.