$show[vbsec2]

Thread: What's wrong with this format?

Default What's wrong with this format?

I got some hate towards this presentation format and I just wanted to know why. I think that its an accurate presentation of how boxart is portrayed in the marketplace, does this not count as an artform? The reality of how most people see boxart? I realize that it's destracting to the art piece but the display itself in realistic. Not mad just wanna hear some thoughts.

http://vgboxart.com/view/76297/sslen...-switch-cover/

http://vgboxart.com/view/76290/banjo...-switch-cover/

I think that the "game leak style" is something that could revitalize the site. Possibly bring in some site traffic. I'm a marketing student lol so just kinda doing an experiment.

A normal presentation draws attention to the box and so is completely focused on it. A thumbnail tests your presentation skills to see how many people you can draw in by the box, again by drawing attention to the box.
    The context of this isn't in a representation of a marketplace, it's on the front page of an amateur art website. Your presentation draws attention to nothing in particular- perhaps the box, but it covers too little of the area of the presentation to be clear that it's showing the box, making it a very ineffective use of space. It does exactly what you're intending it to do- make it look like you've just taken a screenshot of Amazon- but that's not how this website displays art. If it looks too much like a screenshot from Amazon, people will just take it for one and just glance over it.
    To give an analogy, consider the website a museum: you're displaying yours on a large shelf among other goods while others are putting theirs nicely in frames nice and clear for everyone to see.
    It is creative, I'll give you that, but I don't think it'll help you in the long run. Consider making the "screenshot" size significantly smaller so the box takes up more room and ideally is centred.

you can't see the got damn box

you guys like my box & presentation, it's a realistic take on modern game browsing

jay you need to fuckin 3D better

Quote Originally Posted by Martiniii332 View Post
    jay you need to fuckin 3D better
    oh my b, how's this

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic the Hedgehog View Post
    I was honestly never a fan of that presentation.
    Twitter: JasonXXIV | Instagram: JasonXXIV | PSN: NYMetsAllstar24 | WiP Thread <-- HELP