$show[vbsec2]
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Atmosphere/ Future of the Site

Most of people stop using internet. stop working on website. they do everything they want on their phones with programs not PC. that's what happening imo.

I'm new, but I've known about this site for a while, as a kid I posted terrible box art cause I wanted to design.

I think this site is struggling because it is an 'old fashioned' site. Forums aren't something that people are interested in anymore. I'm a part of a wrestling forum that is literally dead, worse than this. Yet the owner doesn't care too much because he successfully migrated it to a Facebook group. A group that has consistent views and interaction everyday.

This site needs a social media presence, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Page, Tumblr, Reddit. We are a little elitist but how about we make the hard work count rather than making the 'crappy work' feel like just that. Turn the daily/weekly posts of some of the best box art as the social media posts to brag about the site and the great work that comes out of it. Make the competitions a little simpler and easier to enter, 'This Month's Competition Theme is: Zombies, do a Box Art related to anything Zombies' have them send submissions to email.

The site is failing because it is confined to this space. Instead make this the main hub and create all these other places where people can still interact and get involved without having to be on this site everyday, through that people will be interested enough to go to the site and interact and post daily.

If we are having trouble with admins or a proper owner, they need to hand the reigns over to someone who will put in the effort to take this site to the next level.

I remember the gold old days when the site was alive with quality content and forums were a place to hang and have fun. Times change and so do people interests.

Maybe one day we can bring this site back to its glory, but that would need to start from the top first.

Quote Originally Posted by deiviuxs View Post
    I remember the gold old days
    The silver guild we upheld; yet the bronze, we fell.

Quote Originally Posted by super-mega-hyper-sonic View Post
    I think the chance of getting this site how it was a decade ago is going to be nigh impossible. Everyone old has moved on, almost everyone new is just part of the Iranian circle jerk (have you seen some of the garbage in HoF recently?) and what new members we do get can't get any help to improve because there's no one else here. Doesn't help we have no active admins or mods around to help solve issues such as all the iranian boosting and stuff. As far as I'm concerned, this site is pretty much dead. It'd take a massive influx of new people to rejuvenate it, and I don't see that happening at all.
    Just happened to log on. What's going on with boosting?
    a la cho

Quote Originally Posted by stevencho View Post
    Racial influence that arose from lack of equality throughout the mass of the website.

Quote Originally Posted by stevencho View Post
    Basically, there's a ton of Iranian members, they all appear to know each other, and will favourite each others works no matter the quality, and its enough people to where mediocre boxes are making HoF and legit good art is getting ignored.

It'd be preferable if you didn't ban the majority of the site to resolve it.

This same thread shows up every few years. Nothing ever changes.

stevencho

Basically, there's a ton of Iranian members, they all appear to know each other, and will favourite each others works no matter the quality, and its enough people to where mediocre boxes are making HoF and legit good art is getting ignored.
    Finally, someone said it...

You think that is the reason for "vgboxart getting boring" ? you think without iranian site getting better ?

no one is doing anything wrong. at least theyre still having fun with their hobby instead of lurking on the forums complaining about it

if any of you can make so much better covers than the 'mediocre' iranian covers, then go improve the quality of the front page yourselves. the only thing slowing down the art flow is artists not contributing, so if you cant contribute then whats the point of complaining
    Last edited by Huegh; 08-09-2017 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huegh View Post
    no one is doing anything wrong. at least theyre still having fun with their hobby instead of lurking on the forums complaining about it

if any of you can make so much better covers than the 'mediocre' iranian covers, then go improve the quality of the front page yourselves. the only thing slowing down the art flow is artists not contributing, so if you cant contribute then whats the point of complaining

Its hard to understand for most of members.

Quote Originally Posted by iman pro View Post
    You think that is the reason for "vgboxart getting boring" ? you think without iranian site getting better ?
    No, but I certainly don't think the circlejerk makes the place any better.

who cares no one else is uploading anything

I did not intend, starting this thread, for it to become a place full of negativity and criticism.
    If we can all agree that there are some flaws here and there, because nothing in life is perfect, then move on and focus on the positive things we could be doing to help the forum/ site combo then that would be great.
    So far I feel the main points have been:
    1. Give feedback on boxes more often, good box or box that needs work. Providing useful criticism, not just a rant, that will allow members to become better without putting them off the site/ making them feel like their box is better than it actually is.
    2. Build up the social media presence of the site in order to spread the word and attract more interest/ members. I'm not sure who would have permission to do this? But we could do something like this: http://imgur.com/urwl7W2 if we are allowed to do so. Like other similar sites Customaniacs and Hisrescovers who have a watermark this might give the site some free advertisement in image search results.
    Thoughts?

To be honest my dude, this is far from "negativity" relative to what usually goes on around here. Sometimes it takes a little bit of clashing to highlight issues; meaning, you have done nothing intrinsically wrong through bringing this up.

Expand on ideas. That'll help, given that we are at least discussing it.

Quote Originally Posted by deiviuxs View Post
    I remember the gold old days when the site was alive with quality content and forums were a place to hang and have fun. Times change and so do people interests.

Maybe one day we can bring this site back to its glory, but that would need to start from the top first.
    yh basically

I live for this tasty discourse

tbh the way to increase uploads on the site is to bring back monthly competitions and junk like we easily could be running some summer comp right now, maybe the traditional way of doing competitions is too much effort and we'd work better with a monthly prompt idea instead like no winners or losers just the prompt and the tag.
    Last edited by Paper; 08-09-2017 at 08:21 AM.