$show[vbsec2]

Thread: [PS4] - Bloodborne: The Undertaker (WIP)

Default [PS4] - Bloodborne: The Undertaker (WIP)

Yo everyone, here I am today would like to show to every each one of you about my latest cover box art of Bloodbonre: The Undertaker. Everytime I play Bloodborne game, it always reminds me of my most favorite WWE Superstar, the legendary, the myth, the Lord Of Darkness, The Undertaker. Both Bloodborne and The Undertaker himself gives me the inspiration to make this cover and here it is.

Full Image: http://i.imgur.com/7znryG1.jpg

As you can see, I tried to make something different without putting the official ESRB or PEGI ratings so I replace em with a fitting font to match the overall Bloodborne-ish design instead. All in all, what do you guys think?

Screenshots don't look like the right aspect ratio, the PEGI and dev logo on the back looks really out of place and just put there to fill space and your PEGI replacement doesn't look great (also PEGIs do not yield to box design- their position is fixed). Also your template's spine indicates it's a US box.
    Liking the border thing you've got going on though.

Ditto about the border. It's really nice. And also agree with Sarashi about the PEGI and dev logo. They're much bigger then they should be. I think a lot of the technical details of this needs some adjusting, but the design for this overall looks quite good (minus the bottom half of the back—everything below the summary needs some fixing. The screenshots are stretched vertically and it looks bad visually).

I also do have to nitpick some alignment issues. 'Bloodborne' is centered, but 'The Undertaker' looks like it needs to be moved a bit to the right. The spacing doesn't seem right when you're looking at it, even if it may be flush center.

Thanks Sarashi and lucidhalos for the criticisms, truly appreciate it. Now I've just done updating my cover box art by moving the screenshots to the right part of the synopsis box. I also decided to put the legal text on the back because for now I don't know what to add on the legal text spaces. This is how it looks like:

Full Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ejx6V7E.jpg

What are your thoughts? Hopefully it's looking much better than the previous one.

Anyone?

Personally, I don't really like how the "The Undertaker" text is separated into two lines on the logo, I'd reckon it'd look better if it was one line, but I don't know if that's how his logo actually is. The characters on the back have different lighting to each other, so it doesn't feel like they mesh properly, and some of the screencaps look too low-res compared to others.

I would highly suggest replacing those screenshots, because the quality of those compared to the rest of the box is severely lacking. I sort of agree with Frank about the front, now that I'm looking at it again, though I think the issue is scale. 'Bloodborne' and 'The Undertaker' are both pretty much the same size. I'd definitely make 'The Undertaker a bit smaller and make it 1 line under 'Bloodborne' as opposed to the 2 now. And minor nitpick with the legal info on the back—I see what you're aiming for by placing the blu-ray logo flush center but it just looks awkward. Mainly, because this feels more like a steelbook do the frame around it.

And I honestly preferred the summary of the previous version more. I think you need to deal with those screenshots a bit better. I think if you meshed them in some way together, then you'll be heading the right direction. Something along the lines of this:

Alright guys, thanks Frank and lucidhalos for the comments and suggestions. I've just done updating my cover box art and this is how it looks like:

Full Image: http://i.imgur.com/e4hZ0NN.jpg

Does it look much better than the previous one?

It's looking better, but the space between 'the' and 'undertaker' is a bit too wide. Bring them a bit closer.

Liking this quite a bit. Just get some color gradients going (to make the bg+render boundary pop out more) and you're solid.

Alright guys, I've just done updating my cover box art by playing around with gradient tool and use it on the necessary part of the cover. This is how it looks like:

Full Image: http://i.imgur.com/lBltbfm.jpg

Thoughts?
    Last edited by djrunza; Yesterday at 07:56 AM.

The front could use the blue color from the back, somewhere into the background of the front.