$show[vbsec2]

Thread: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Post Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Hi guys, been working on this for the past couple hours, and I've come to a hault. Trying to figure out the logo for the front? Any ideas/feedback would be great!

Before & After:

Great work on the editing, I think a plain white logo on top of the legs would work. I can only suggest to make a black/transparent gradient and apply it on top of the background (so the render sticks out a bit more)

Last edited by Bastart; 05-16-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Took your advice, this is it now!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertNGraphics View Post
    Took your advice, this is it now!
    Nice update. I only miss the 'Legacy of Kain' part of the logo. Did you accidentally removed it?

Ending up liking the idea of just a Soul Reaver reboot, that's why I removed it

Ending up liking the idea of just a Soul Reaver reboot, that's why I removed it
    Ah, I see. So this isn't supposed to be a remaster of the trilogy 'Soul Reaver' games from Crystal Dynamics, for this generation. Anyway, I like this idea and looking forward seeing the progress of this box.
    Last edited by Bastart; 05-16-2017 at 03:48 PM.

pretty much done now

I don't get why it's called Soul Reaver but includes every game. It's a bit too plain, maybe add a bit more text to the back. It's good overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    It's a bit too plain, maybe add a bit more text to the back.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    I don't get why it's called Soul Reaver but includes every game.
    Yeah, maybe call it Soul Reaver 'The Ultimate Collection' or something like that?

pretty much done now

I'd add the Crystal Dynamics logo underneath the Square Enix logo on the front and some features info below the screenshots on the back. Maybe, put some more focus on the skull in the middle of the back. So, you've used 'Darksiders' screens on a 'Soul Reaver' box? It doesn't really matter that much (since there aren't actual screenshots of a PS4 Soul Reaver game) but it might cause a bit of confusing
    Last edited by Bastart; 05-17-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Maybe use screenshots of the cancelled Legacy of Kain games 'Nosgoth' or 'Dead Sun', or a few FMV screenshots from Soul Reaver of Raziel that look nicer.

pretty much done now

I haven't a good knowledge of design but IMO looks amazing

you know how with Gears of War 4, you get all the other Gears games for free? that's the idea I had

Took your guys' advice! Anything else?

I know it's a nitpick, but that small white rectangle below the crystal dynamics logo (is that suppose to be there?) I think it's part of the smoke brush? I'd remove it or lower the smoke a bit down so it won't show up in the corner, otherwise it looks ready to me.

Very nice, have you considered adding some frames or patterns around the screenshots and integrating them more?