$show[vbsec2]

Thread: Supersonicfan78's WIPs

Default Supersonicfan78's WIPs

I don't actually use forums because I don't actually visit them often. Plus, I only have a few spare hours each week. But I'm making this thread because I wanted help with my covers when I'm out of ideas. Any help and ideas are appreciated.

I'm currently making a cover for Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart for the Vita.

I was planning to remove or change the tagline in the back anyway.
    Last edited by supersonicfan78; 05-21-2017 at 12:51 AM.

Since I'm still out of ideas for Hyperdevotion Noire, I decided to make another box instead. I made the front look like a Wii U cover due to the game's title and logo looking like a Wii U game rather than a Vita or Steam game.

Just posting here for any suggestions before finalization.

Last edited by supersonicfan78; 04-10-2017 at 03:36 AM.

Only bit I'm not sure about is the bit below the title on the front but I'm not sure why.
    The top has that same texture but in the background so maybe put the characters in front of it.
    Also the grey bit in the bottom left of the case (background) seems to be a missing texture?

Thanks for the suggestion but just a clarification, what do you mean about "put the characters in front of it"? Also, is it the front cover or the back cover?

Didn't noticed the grey part at first. I forgot to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by supersonicfan78 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but just a clarification, what do you mean about "put the characters in front of it"? Also, is it the front cover or the back cover?

Didn't noticed the grey part at first. I forgot to do something about it.
    On the front cover I would see what it looks like when the characters are in front of the blue bottom texture (currently has ESRB rating and studio logo on top of it but not the characters).

Quick update (took a bit long because my use of computer is pretty limited everyday):

Quick update (took a bit long because my use of computer is pretty limited everyday):
    I think the changes look great! Only thing I just noticed "nep n slash" and "tag team action" seem to be a yellow/orange, they might look better as a yellow/ white gradient to match the tag line above?

Quote Originally Posted by zorbic View Post
    I think the changes look great! Only thing I just noticed "nep n slash" and "tag team action" seem to be a yellow/orange, they might look better as a yellow/ white gradient to match the tag line above?
    Which one is better?

Which one is better?
    I'd say the top one.

I'll be posting this tomorrow
    Last edited by supersonicfan78; 04-21-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Just started a new cover to make. I'm making it Dreamcast styled because of the game's main focus on the Dreamcast character. Any suggestion would be welcomed.
    Last edited by supersonicfan78; 05-18-2017 at 08:37 AM.

New update to my Megadimension box. Any suggestions for me to edit? It's near to completion.

I like the dreamcast template. This looks nice, though I will nitpick tiny details that bug me. The red 'PS4' logo is a tad too close to the right edge of the curve (the little TM is touching, essentially). Literally move it like 2-3 pixels to the left so it lines up the the left side of the ESRB logo.

Secondly, the back I feel like has a bit too much of that red. If you can reduce the red border around the summary and expand that white texture a bit instead I think that will give it some breathing space. Everything seems squeezed at the moment in that area. I'd also consider increasing the saturation of the cover by 20-25% in order to match up with the saturation levels you currently have going on with the spine and back.

Here is what it should sort of look like with the suggestions I've made:

The summary text still seems a bit heavy, but I feel like without the effect it would seem too flat and slapped on then. At the moment it looks incorporated into the design, but needing a bit of tweaking.

ETA: Also noticed after I posted this, but the back legal info isn't centered...just a very minor tweak to fix that.
    SaveSave

Quote Originally Posted by lucidhalos View Post
    I'd also consider increasing the saturation of the cover by 20-25% in order to match up with the saturation levels you currently have going on with the spine and back.
    SaveSave
    Thanks for the feedback. By the way, just a clarification, by cover, you mean the back?

Also, about the summary, I'm having a little trouble shortening it. I'm not actually good at summarizing. I just rephrase a bit from the wiki with a little additions.

No, I mean the saturation of the cover needs to be increased. The back and spine is much more saturated than the front cover.

I don't think the summary needs to be shortened. It's more so the effect on it.

Quick update (I say quick but it took me a long time to make a few small edits because of school starting):

Quick update (I say quick but it took me a long time to make a few small edits because of school starting):
    Only thing I'd change is down the bottom on the rear of the cover. The blu-ray logo and the two next to it all have a white outline which I'm not so sure about. I would either put all those logos in a white box, or get rid of the white outlines and make the 'idea factory' logo white instead of black. Otherwise looking great.

The stroke effect feels a bit overused here... I don't know if the front characters really need the black stroke. I also feel like the title text would look better if it was at the same angle as the description.

Quick update:

Quote Originally Posted by droopy View Post
    The stroke effect feels a bit overused here... I don't know if the front characters really need the black stroke. I also feel like the title text would look better if it was at the same angle as the description.
    Also, the characters in the front already have the black stroke.

By the way, due to high school, I can only make small updates each week.
    Last edited by supersonicfan78; 06-03-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Oh my bad, I wasn't aware the renders already had strokes on them.