$show[vbsec2]
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GameBoy64´s WIP Thread

Not bad at all. The render of Knuckles on the front of Sonic 3 looks a little choppy to me, and some of the curves (particularly around his head) appear to be solid, straight lines. Also, and this applies to all three, I'm not a fan of the synopsis text. The fact that it's all in caps is a little unappealing. The overall design is a creative idea and it has potential.

Thanks for the feedback! I have made some changes ( added story, changed renders and headlines).

Did a mock-up of the final version:
    Last edited by GameBoy64; 04-19-2016 at 08:56 AM.

I really am digging this, though I'm wondering if the gradient is all the necessary. However, it may not look right as just a solid rectangle either. Have you tried rounding off the edges instead (for the edges where there is gradients)? Sorry it's a bit late for the suggestion, but just saw this.

It´s never too late for feedback, I will give a look into it.

I though it was a "trilogy" regarding Sonic the Hedgehog 4...

Sonic 4 Episode 1
    Sonic 4 Episode Metal
    Sonic 4 Episode 2

This is great as well but if it was about Sonic 4 rather than Sonic's mega drive trilogy, it'd be more original because no one did a trilogy for Sonic 4 before (harshly calling it a trilogy because there's no third episode, but there are 3 episodes anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Higashi89 View Post
    I though it was a "trilogy" regarding Sonic the Hedgehog 4...

Sonic 4 Episode 1
    Sonic 4 Episode Metal
    Sonic 4 Episode 2

This is great as well but if it was about Sonic 4 rather than Sonic's mega drive trilogy, it'd be more original because no one did a trilogy for Sonic 4 before (harshly calling it a trilogy because there's no third episode, but there are 3 episodes anyway)
    Funny you mentioned Sonic 4, I got the episode structure from there (and I was going to put it on the collection, but thought the Mega Drive trilogy alone would fit better in the anniversary theme).

Oh, and I did what lucidhalo suggested:

I like this better. I would try budging the images of them a bit higher so it's not so close to the text under it (like the first box cover on the far left—I noticed that is placed a bit higher than the others). That way, it'll be in more sync with the front of the box set. As it stands, the shape of the corners is echoing some detailing of that which I do prefer.

Here:

Place Knuckles' silhouette facing the left side rather than the right side because Sonic and Tails in all boxes are facing right. It would mean consistency if you do this.

And on the trilogy case, with has all 3 boxes inside, it's using the PS3 game package rather than the PS4 game package, which is smaller and doesn't have that gray part that says "bluray disc" the PS3 game package contains.

And remove de PS logo from the individual boxes and just leave the PS logo along with the PS4 logo only on the trilogy case. You can just leave that space empty.
    Last edited by Higashi89; 04-22-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks for the feedback. I still want to play around with the big case, but here is it for now:

Last edited by GameBoy64; 04-22-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Done, thanks to everyone that gave feedback:

http://vgboxart.com/view/74870/sonic...trilogy-cover/

Now...to the next one!

Made another box for unity, but I am not certain which back cover should I use. Any other feedback is welcome too.

EDIT: Changed the front and added some things on the back:

Last edited by GameBoy64; 04-26-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Added some stuff at the back. Any help to proceed is welcome.

Kept you waiting, huh?

Life has been busy these days...*looks at date* Months?! Anyway....I am back with a new project, and this one is for one of my most wished games: Sonic Adventure 3.

I wanted the game´s main theme to be about time travel, so I made the front (and custom logo) based on stuff related to time itself (like clocks, hourglasses, gears...). The back might be a bit generic for now, but I am still working on it.

So....you know the deal, I would enjoy any kind of feedback for this one!

EDIT: Updated the back:

EDIT2: Upgraded the back (I cannot sleep):

Last edited by GameBoy64; 07-04-2016 at 10:33 PM.

The third version looks better. Not a big fan of the front cover, try to do something similar on the front compared with what you did with the back.

Thanks, Higashi! I gave the front another look (there are still some stuff that needs to change, like Silver´s render and the quality of the white outline).

Last edited by GameBoy64; 07-05-2016 at 08:17 PM.

This one is driving me crazy, did a complete overhaul on it (now it´s for dreamcast and the color scheme is blue/silver). For now, here is it:

EDIT: Updated the back and front.

EDIT2: Changed the front and back...again:

Last edited by GameBoy64; 07-12-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Well, alright....now I am stuck. It stil needs some polishment, but any kind of feedback is welcome.

I like it! I'd say you could shrink the ESRB and Sega logos on the front, as well as the Sonic Team and Sega logos on the back, and have some legal text in the space those last two are using right now, and maybe make the space where the characters are located in the back a bit more curved, to follow in line with the circular patterns the whole cover has, and maybe have the screenshots in a curve as well, though I don't know if it'll look good. Other than that, I like what I've been seeing so far.