$show[vbsec2]
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Huegh's WiP Thread

Default Huegh's WiP Thread

fuck it im making one of these

basically this is for a sequel to republic commando even tho im not sure if im allowed to do this for the comp im making it anyway

The lights behind the 'C' and 'O' in Commando are distracting.
    Other than that, good job.

It looks great so far. I love it And yeh it is allowed for the comp as the original sequel was cancelled in development way earlier so no worries.

now that's some good shit right there

The only thing that I think is "wrong" is the spelling of the word Survival, but that's a minor issue. The design itself looks really good. Good luck on the comp!

changed a lot if shit

I think you should put some red into the tagline like last version, too match with the trooper since it looks a little drab. But its rly good so far

Are you certain you want to put that much body text in that font with that text effect? I don't think it looks very good. Find a nice sans-serif font and make it white with a black outer glow at 16% (or 33% if it's a bit on the difficult to read side at 16%) for best readability.

To be honest I think tagline you had going before was more interesting.

dang those suggestions made this look a million times better imo

also just to be clear there is no texture on the text anymore now its just jpg compression

yeah that looks a lot better. try maybe raising the screen shots and putting a quote underneath it idk

I think the summary text is a tad too large. Or at least, there is a lack of heirarchy when it comes to the headline and summary—they're very close in size. Either make the headline a wee bit larger, or the summary a bit smaller (I'd suggest the latter more so).

I like the screenshots where they are, but they need some kind of grounding. Have you thought of maybe doing that background effect on the front (the halo glow arches) around the frames? I would say instead of each one, maybe just have one on the far left and far right to anchor things and bring more uniform for the box. Other idea is to make a background for the entire screenshots echo the flooring on the front. Just a thought.

ETA: Looking at this some more, maybe instead of capitalizing the entire summary, you should type it our normally. Mainly because it's fairly a large amount of text and all caps is really harsh on the eyes. Be forewarned, I may nitpick on other details as you progress. Let me know if I'm saying too much, lol.
    Last edited by lucidhalos; 09-25-2015 at 01:56 AM.

Updated with some of the suggestions

added a new box in there too, not sure what to put in there but i'm open to ideas

Looks better, imo. Though I'm going to nitpick how close the text is to the image. You need to fix that text wrap a wee bit so there is a bit more breathing room. I'd suggest maybe a review of some sort to fill the space?

Quote Originally Posted by lucidhalos View Post
    Looks better, imo. Though I'm going to nitpick how close the text is to the image. You need to fix that text wrap a wee bit so there is a bit more breathing room. I'd suggest maybe a review of some sort to fill the space?
    Close to what image? the render or the crashed ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Huegh View Post
    Close to what image? the render or the crashed ship?
    Oh, sorry. Let me clarify. The text is really close to the render of the trooper, especially in the headline now that I'm looking at it again. I'd say just nudge it a wee bit or make the text wrap boundary a bit larger.

Aight, I have two versions here. One showcases review scores, the other showcases a features section. Any preferences?

Also, I moved the text a little further from the render of the trooper. Do you think that's good, or a bit further?

The text looks far enough. Also, both look good but I would put in the features.