$show[vbsec2]
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulquiorra's WIP

Default Ulquiorra's WIP

This box is a chore for me: I did the front in a few hours but I've been working on the back for months without satisfactory result. So here's the thing, and I'll be glad to be adveiced on this one (on the back or the front).

The text is unreadable on the back, the text on the spine is the wrong way around and I'm not a fan of the colour scheme. Also, the blu ray stuff on the top of the front and back is unnecessary. Just get a proper blu ray template, it will look better for ir.

I'm working on the back right now, here's a more colorful version of the front: does it look better?

The front looks good image wise, but the type looks a bit off to me. That font for "What a lovely day…" does not seem to fit it very well. Have you tried another typeface maybe? Also some of the letters have some pixelation in the title—I assume you work in Photoshop, so have you tried changing the typographic settings? Right now it looks like it's under sharp. Try smooth or strong and see if that looks better.

So here's a new arrangement for the back and the spine, and a new font for the "what a lovely day". Concerning the pixelation in the title, I'll try to do something for this. (I don't have photoshop, I work with Gimp)

The text on the front needs moving up, it's a little obscured by the title as it is. Also, IDK about Gimp, but try playing around with shadows for the description text on the back. It's an dramatic improvement over the original but is still a little hard to read in places.

So I moved the "what a lovely day", I added more shadows on the synopsis (I'm not convinced that the special features' one needs shadows too) and the legal infos.

Much better, looking good.

I forgot to say: I had submitted the box: http://vgboxart.com/view/73025/mad-max-fury-road-cover/

Hi! I'm trying to do a better Mad Max: Fury Road box than my previous. What do you guys think about it?

Woah O_O that looks fantastic! So far it looks great!
    I think on the front you should move the logo down a little so it's only in the bright yellow part of the fire, that would help close that little bit of empty space at the bottom.
    I think the back is looking really good, although that big chunk of empty space between the special features and the text at the bottom is annoying me a little. On the whole, nice job so far

I don't like it too much...

There's a giant vague space in the lower part of the back cover for some reason, the description is hard to read due being placed ona bright spot, I think the screenshots should not be part of this "fire filter" you made, and I think it would be a better result if you leave some spots out of the "fire filter" you made, I don't like the whole box being influenced by this filter.

But okay, there is in fact certain parts of this box that I like: the filter itself is very well done, and based on the movie's content, it mixes really well, I mean, the design matches what the movie is about. The arrangement of the characters and elements in both front and back cover are great and the diagonal orientation of the text is cool because it gives the reader that feeling of something is in motion on the cover.

Overall, it's a good box but with some issues left to be fixed.

And compared with your previous box, this new one is better IMO.

So I have to:
    -replace the title
    -put something in the vague space on the back
    -make the description easyier to read
    -try to do some "spots" and the screenshots out of the filter
    I'm on it, thanks for the criticisms guys!
    Last edited by Ulquiorra; 06-07-2015 at 01:01 PM.

So here's a try for the front, does it looks better? BTW, do you have any idea of what I could add on the back to fill the blank?

The last update is better. Keep it like this.

Now, the potential changes are:

• Put the Special Features on the center
    • Make the Special Features the same size as "THE FUTURE (...)"

The "spots" can be
    • The MC's face
    • The other characters' face

• Do that thing people usually do in movie box arts: place the main characters' actors' name on the top of the front cover, and be sure they are centered. It's okay to place then straight rather than diagonally, as long the text itself is in diagonal.

Right now, my second « Fury Road » box is in standby (it seems I have some issues with this movie). So I started a new one for “The Last Guardian” and here are two versions of the front: honestly, which one do you guys prefer? (And tell me if you see thing that can/must be changed).

I feel like the right one looks better. This is looking really good so far, I'm digging the artstyle a lot.

Yeah, I prefer the right one as well. Looks lovely so far, the water colour/brush stroke style is awesome.
    fuck you

Here's the front and the back, again in the two styles. Do you guys still prefer the white one?

gotta admit I personally prefer the textured background more than the white though both look really good! really awesome stuff.