$show[vbsec2]
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FrankBedbroken's WiP Thread

Default FrankBedbroken's WiP Thread

Yep, I'm making the "single thread WiP" thing too. Let's start this with something that I'm not really sure if I should continue with, because I'm not comfortable with the results. Ok, so I wanted to make a cover for Blur's upcoming album "The Magic Whip", because I really like the singles they've put out for the album. This design is based on these two links , one being one of the music videos for one of the songs and the other is the poster for a concert that will be related to the album. The whole album's very based on asian culture, so that's why the main title is in chinese. So, what do you think, should I continue with it or should I scrap it?

Oh dude I love that so far, really love the colour scheme, personally I'd simplify the colours by changing the colour of the blur logo and the album title to the red you used on the outside boarder, I really like it though keep up with it for sure.

Started on the back, and to be honest, I'm not liking where this is going, it looks so stupid in my opinion. But well, what do you think?

So, should I upload this already or is there anything I need to fix before I do it?

I think its amazing! What's this anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Higashi89 View Post
    I think its amazing! What's this anyway?
    Thanks, Alex! It's basically the cover for Blur's new album. The whole art is based on asian culture, since the recording was made there, hence why it looks kinda quirky and odd.

It's posted! Hope you guys like it and thanks for the feedback!
    http://vgboxart.com/view/72693/blur-the-magic-whip/

A while ago, I was making a Majora's Mask box for the Good Night Competition, which totally sucked, and I didn't really saw potential in it to continue on it. It's been like four months since that, so I decided to try again and make a new Majora's Mask box. Not really sure on how it's looking right now, but it's sure as hell not worse than the first one I made. I might have gone a bit too far on the dark look. So, what do you guys think? Anything I should fix?

Ok, changed up the texture on the back, and made the tagline color darker. What do you think?

Looks good! my only issue is a lack of a border on the screenshots.
    where's my allowance you bitch

Hey frank do a box about this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etrian_Odyssey

Hey frank do a box about this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etrian_Odyssey
    Not really into RPG's myself, but I'll see if I do it once I finish the Majora thing.

Added a border to the screenshots on the back, and started on the front. I'm not really satisfied with it right now. What should be fixed?

I think the "A DARK (...)" text should be yellow, because I can't read SHIT

Ok, edited the tagline on the back, the logos on the front, and added the presentation. Is there something I need to fix?

Your image names are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentLampshade View Post
    Your image names are the best.
    They're better than the images themselves.

I think the front looks slightly weird because of the clash in art styles between the moon which looks 3D and Link and Skull Kid who are 2D, Looks good though, I love rich purple colour schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper View Post
    I think the front looks slightly weird because of the clash in art styles between the moon which looks 3D and Link and Skull Kid who are 2D, Looks good though, I love rich purple colour schemes.
    I might remove the moon in that case, there isn't really any 2d artwork of the moon anywhere.

Frank, try to use a filter on photoshop's filter gallery on the moon to fix the art clash issue