$show[vbsec2]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition W.I.P

Default Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition W.I.P

As some/most of you may know, Minecraft was recently announced for Playstation 3, 4 and Vita. I thought I'd try making a box art for the PS3 version. Well...if it was a disc, anyway.

Well, whaddaya think?

Well the front is just stolen art from the official 360 boxart, with no changes at all so that has to go. The back is nice, however if you ripped that from the 360 version too then that has to go too. The spine is awful, fix that. Try just some regular text and make it not so stretched.

OK, here's time 2.

Removed:
    -Minecraft spine
    Added:
    -Sony logo
    -Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition text
    There ya go, dude.
    Also, it's worthy to note, even though it's small, it's not an exact rip of both the blurb and cover. I
    -Removed Microsoft Studios logo
    -Added Playstation 3/Network over Xbox 360/Live
    Yeah. Just saying.

Would probably look better with an upto date ps3 template. As well make the logos to the front a more similar size, it will improve the overall presentation. I agree the front needs some changes to it otherwise it's just a copy of the 360 version, in the nicest possible way of saying this try to create your own piece rather than just a plain copy with some logos stuck on.

Well, I took it, and gave it a massive makeover. Complete with a nearly 100% original blurb! Also spotted the PS3 template was taken from Street Fighter :3

Better, eh?

Well, the PS3 edition part of the logo isn't consistent witht he rest of the logo, the Sony logo on the front is too big and stretched and you can still see the Microsoft Logo under it. The back is a mess too, uninteresting fonts, too much grey, there is black bits on the text where you haven't rendered properly, the logo on the back is rendered poorly and the screenshot arrangement is terrible, with no rhyme or reason to the positions and no borders.

Quote Originally Posted by super-mega-hyper-sonic View Post
    Well, the PS3 edition part of the logo isn't consistent with the rest of the logo, the Sony logo on the front is too big and stretched and you can still see the Microsoft Logo under it. The back is a mess too, uninteresting fonts, too much grey, there is black bits on the text where you haven't rendered properly, the logo on the back is rendered poorly and the screenshot arrangement is terrible, with no rhyme or reason to the positions and no borders.
    1. Couldn't figure out how to make it "consistent" with the rest of the logo.
    2. I'll fix both. If I can.
    3. Those BLACK BITS were part of the template. Don't blame me, look at it yourself.
    4. The grey is stone, but I'll try adding ores.
    5. What logo?
    6. Ok, I'll edit the positions.
    On it.

Well, V4's here.

Just so we're clear, I'll most likely end at V5 because this is beginning to take up my space.
    Last edited by Sonicyay2; 08-23-2013 at 01:06 PM.

If the template was like that, then find a better template. Also may I enquire what program you are using? You may want to look up some tutorials on said program or use a better program because quite frankly this box is poor. You got rid of the Microsoft logo in a shoddy way, the grey fill doesn't look like stone at all, it just looks grey. That and the grey doesn't merge well with the screenshot you used for the main asset for the back. The logo you put on the back covers the logo you already had and that doesn't look too great either.

If the template was like that, then find a better template. Also may I enquire what program you are using? You may want to look up some tutorials on said program or use a better program because quite frankly this box is poor. You got rid of the Microsoft logo in a shoddy way, the grey fill doesn't look like stone at all, it just looks grey. That and the grey doesn't merge well with the screenshot you used for the main asset for the back. The logo you put on the back covers the logo you already had and that doesn't look too great either.
    Paint.Net. Let the flame shield go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderpig24 View Post
    What's wrong with Paint.NET? I've used it for over half of my boxes.
    As did I. You can do alot of good things with it. Just look up some tutorials.

Well, I know it was 4 months ago since the last reply to this thread, but now a proper logo for the game is out, I decided to revamp the entire thing, with a logo taken from yours truly.

The front is even worse than before, the image you used is stretched and blurry now, and it is still mostly a cut and paste job, with little effort. The back is a slight improvement, but the logo looks poor, and should be replaced with a tagline or something, the font you used is also poor and bland, and doesn't go well with the coal in the underground texture. The screenshots could also use better placement and come kind of border.

Spine looks nice.

The front is even worse than before, the image you used is stretched and blurry now, and it is still mostly a cut and paste job, with little effort. The back is a slight improvement, but the logo looks poor, and should be replaced with a tagline or something, the font you used is also poor and bland, and doesn't go well with the coal in the underground texture. The screenshots could also use better placement and come kind of border.

Spine looks nice.
    Well, thing is, I'm having a lot-A LOT-of trouble looking for the original image and it's very hard to find :\

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicyay2 View Post
    Well, thing is, I'm having a lot-A LOT-of trouble looking for the original image and it's very hard to find :\
    I understand, Minecraft is kind of a hard box to pull of due to lack of art, so you really have to get creative with it. One example, but I think he deleted it, was Mub made a minecraft box, entirely in Minecraft, that was very popular.

Alright, V6 is here!

It's good your trying to change somethings but really it still needs some work, needing some creative snazz if you excuse my slang. Find some inspiration for an original piece and try to work off of that

Fix the front, fifth screenshot is blury. Need same work

Well, it was a long time coming. V6 is here.
    Not much is new, but I'll let you figure out the new parts.