God of War: ASCENTION!!!!! W.I.P. - DFS
Edit: Spelled "Ascension" wrong. -___-
For the latest upcoming God of War game. I like it, but I'm not sure if it's good.
The arrangement of the blood splatter isn't final, I would like suggestion for that,I'm guessing a lot of you will have a problem with the blood.
Also, 3D will also be added
So any suggestions to make it better?
Last edited by DemonFoxSlayer; 07-26-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Ok, it may sounds harsh, but better than later when your project will be almost over.
- The logo is hard to see and read.
- The background is too bland and generic, it looks as if it was rendered in Photoshop using cloud filter for example.
- The rendering of Kratos fighting and the monsters are poorly made. You can see some white pixels between the pictured and the background.
- The blood splitter idea coud be interesting, but it should look violent, not just blood that spilled. It should be thicker, lest transparent.
- A monochrome box with mostly red colors to distinguish could fits well for a game series like GOW.
Here some suggestions:
- On a rendered picture, make it monochrome as you did, except Kratos red tattoos and the spilled blood in the fight. See if the result is good.
- Be cautious with the blood splatting. Dont forget red is the color human eyes tend to see it first. If you put too much red, the effect will be lost.
- Remove the glowing dark effect on PS3 and PSN effect. It gives a silly look.
I'm sure you have the talents and ideas to make this box great. Continue, and do not let it down!
Thank you... Thank you so much. I don't even care that most of my ideas turned out to be bad ones. The fact that you took time to reply on my WIP , and provide such well organized and informative feedback. When I just post a box, without putting it in the "Works in Progress" forum, people say it bad, and you should of put it in the Works in progress forum first.
And when I do put it in the Works in Progress, no one takes the time to reply to it. That causes me great fustration, like you woulnd't even believe
And when they do reply to it, it's never this informative, and helpful.
Thank you... I will try to improve it.
- Background changed to something more interesting...
- The front render has a different effect over it...
- No blood... the blood wasn't working... but if people think I should keep the blood, I'll try to make it work...
- Ascension logo position changed from middle to bottom, and made a more saturated red...
I still haven't gotten ride of the drop shadow effect of the PS3 and PSN logo...
Alright everyone, let me know what doesn't work, and what does.
It most certainly looks better, but that logo is just not working. It seems to blend in way too much with everything else that is going on, I suggest either getting a varied logo or changing the color. Otherwise it is looking good.
I have no idea what to do for the logo. Black doesn't work, and white doesn't seem to fit the box... I tried outlining it, but it doesn't look good... I'll keep trying.
Don't sweat it, you'll find something. I had the same issue with my lastest box's logo. Even of you don't, you could just resort to messing around with the background or something to make it work.
Originally Posted by DemonFoxSlayer
- Added rating, and company logo
- Attempt at fixing Ascention Logo
Small update, but I think the logo looks good now, I just used the blend effect, then colorized it to a red with high saturation, darkened it a bit, and added a black shadow behind it. I'm not sure if this works.
Last edited by DemonFoxSlayer; 07-27-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Really? I tried it, and it doesn't look too good in my opinion...?
Originally Posted by BacKin5Minutes
Tags for this Thread