VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Thread

Default Official Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Thread

So as you all probably know by now, Black Ops 2 is the confirmed next entry in the Call of Duty franchise. The release date is November 13th! Logo looks really cool too! Discuss.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223929p1.html

Moved to Game Discussion, please keep all threads in their proper sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by $nake View Post
    Logo looks really cool too!
    It looks like a fucking CoD logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that patrick has no eyes

only sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by Eggboy'13 View Post
    It looks like a fucking CoD logo.
    But the two is red. That's cool and innovative.

Meh. Haven't touched MW3 in months but I know I'll eventually get this...I liked Black Ops until it got stale a month or two later.

Should've called it: Call of Duty 3: Repackaged and Renamed 6.

Because CoD hasn't changed at all since CoD3 and has been the same game, repackaged with a different setting for the past 7 years. It's getting boring now, same 4 member team based FPS run-and-gun BS with what will likely have a lackluster story, paper-thin characters, a boring and stale setting and the same "shoot, take cover, throw grenade, shoot, melee kill" gameplay it has ever been. Yet CoD fanboys persist in buying new titles because they think the game will be new, when in actual fact it's just the same as the previous one.

I for one, won't buy this... though Rainbow 6 Patriots looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Leegion View Post
    Should've called it: Call of Duty 3: Repackaged and Renamed 6.

Because CoD hasn't changed at all since CoD3 and has been the same game, repackaged with a different setting for the past 7 years. It's getting boring now, same 4 member team based FPS run-and-gun BS with what will likely have a lackluster story, paper-thin characters, a boring and stale setting and the same "shoot, take cover, throw grenade, shoot, melee kill" gameplay it has ever been. Yet CoD fanboys persist in buying new titles because they think the game will be new, when in actual fact it's just the same as the previous one.
    Marry me!

Anyway, this just means it's another game that will get all the sales so the games I want will be easier to get.

On top of MW3's maps being fucking awful, the game just the same shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that patrick has no eyes

only sunglasses

I don't understand why people like it so much...... I mean, I bought the game, but only because every single person I have on psn plays it, but I got bored like a week later. A fun fps is payday the heist though. Eventhough it only has like six levels, its really fun to replay.

Same Game New Color Filter 8: Misleading Title when the game has nothing to do with espionage II

I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr

IMO, games you hate but have to play lots of to like are idiotic. I played 4 hours of Oblivion, hating every second, just waiting for me to like it. After those 4 hours, I realised there's hundreds, even thousands of other great games you don't have to hate before you can love, so I stopped playing it and has tried to get rid of the game ever since.
    That's also the reason to why I haven't played more then an hour of the CoD games. I've learned from my mistakes.
    I'm not saying you're wrong for enjoying it, ZombieDeadpool, but for me, it's not worth it, in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by oxol View Post
    IMO, games you hate but have to play lots of to like are idiotic. I played 4 hours of Oblivion, hating every second, just waiting for me to like it. After those 4 hours, I realised there's hundreds, even thousands of other great games you don't have to hate before you can love, so I stopped playing it and has tried to get rid of the game ever since.
    That's also the reason to why I haven't played more then an hour of the CoD games. I've learned from my mistakes.
    I'm not saying you're wrong for enjoying it, ZombieDeadpool, but for me, it's not worth it, in any way.
    Only bit of Oblivion I don't like is the Sewers at the start. The rest I love. But CoD. I got forced to play online at a friends. Was the worst gaming experience of my lief. The awful pixel count to the textures looked like someone re-textured Duke Nukem with photographs. the controls were awful, the maps lack lustre and the 7 year olds over the mics... oh god

Quote Originally Posted by roza View Post
    the controls were awful
    Could you elaborate? I think the controls are pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by oxol View Post
    Whoops, I deleted my comment because I didn't word it very well. But I agree with what you are saying. I can't stand any kind of game like Fallout or Oblivion, I want my enjoyment to be instantaneous, not after 4 hours gameplay. I very nearly gave up on COD had it not been for my friends who egged me on to keep trying, and eventually, I got the hang of it.
    Last edited by ZombieDeadpool8; 04-28-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by super-mega-hyper-sonic View Post
    Could you elaborate? I think the controls are pretty solid.
    awkward layout (the stick to meele), really heavy, and it just felt unnatural to play

Quote Originally Posted by roza View Post
    awkward layout (the stick to meele), really heavy, and it just felt unnatural to play
    I really liked the Stick to melee. Also if it's heavy just turn up the sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieDeadpool8 View Post
    Whoops, I deleted my comment because I didn't word it very well. But I agree with what you are saying. I can't stand any kind of game like Fallout or Oblivion, I want my enjoyment to be instantaneous, not after 4 hours gameplay. I very nearly gave up on COD had it not been for my friends who egged me on to keep trying, and eventually, I got the hang of it.
    HOW THE HELL CAN YOU HATE FALLOUT?????!!????!!?? Rpg hater.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
    HOW THE HELL CAN YOU HATE FALLOUT?????!!????!!?? Rpg hater.
    Same reason why fallout 3 is considered a good game.

People are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by mchapra View Post
    Same reason why fallout 3 is considered a good game.

People are dumb.
    Yeah, people who have an opinion are clearly messed up in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by RAiDeN-209 View Post
    Yeah, people who have an opinion are clearly messed up in the head.
    I can't help it if they like boring expanses and nonsensical plot.

P.S. I never told anyone to change their opinion. I just said that people who like it(Same with any other bethesda game made after morrowind) are dumb, as my own opinion. Your world isn't ending if I disagree, you don't need to defend or justify what you like unless you doubt your appreciation of it yourself.
    Last edited by mchapra; 04-28-2012 at 08:05 AM.