VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Official Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    71

    Default Official Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Thread

    So as you all probably know by now, Black Ops 2 is the confirmed next entry in the Call of Duty franchise. The release date is November 13th! Logo looks really cool too! Discuss.

    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223929p1.html


  2. #2

    Default

    Moved to Game Discussion, please keep all threads in their proper sub-forum.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gotham City, Hyrule
    Posts
    3,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by $nake View Post
    Logo looks really cool too!
    It looks like a fucking CoD logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that patrick has no eyes

    only sunglasses

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggboy'13 View Post
    It looks like a fucking CoD logo.
    But the two is red. That's cool and innovative.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    Meh. Haven't touched MW3 in months but I know I'll eventually get this...I liked Black Ops until it got stale a month or two later.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Los Santos
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Should've called it: Call of Duty 3: Repackaged and Renamed 6.

    Because CoD hasn't changed at all since CoD3 and has been the same game, repackaged with a different setting for the past 7 years. It's getting boring now, same 4 member team based FPS run-and-gun BS with what will likely have a lackluster story, paper-thin characters, a boring and stale setting and the same "shoot, take cover, throw grenade, shoot, melee kill" gameplay it has ever been. Yet CoD fanboys persist in buying new titles because they think the game will be new, when in actual fact it's just the same as the previous one.

    I for one, won't buy this... though Rainbow 6 Patriots looks cool.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ponyville
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leegion View Post
    Should've called it: Call of Duty 3: Repackaged and Renamed 6.

    Because CoD hasn't changed at all since CoD3 and has been the same game, repackaged with a different setting for the past 7 years. It's getting boring now, same 4 member team based FPS run-and-gun BS with what will likely have a lackluster story, paper-thin characters, a boring and stale setting and the same "shoot, take cover, throw grenade, shoot, melee kill" gameplay it has ever been. Yet CoD fanboys persist in buying new titles because they think the game will be new, when in actual fact it's just the same as the previous one.
    Marry me!

    Anyway, this just means it's another game that will get all the sales so the games I want will be easier to get.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gotham City, Hyrule
    Posts
    3,652

    Default

    On top of MW3's maps being fucking awful, the game just the same shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that patrick has no eyes

    only sunglasses

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    289

    Default

    I don't understand why people like it so much...... I mean, I bought the game, but only because every single person I have on psn plays it, but I got bored like a week later. A fun fps is payday the heist though. Eventhough it only has like six levels, its really fun to replay.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    +=~**Kawaiii Desu ^_^**~=+
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    Same Game New Color Filter 8: Misleading Title when the game has nothing to do with espionage II

    I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    2,072

    Default

    IMO, games you hate but have to play lots of to like are idiotic. I played 4 hours of Oblivion, hating every second, just waiting for me to like it. After those 4 hours, I realised there's hundreds, even thousands of other great games you don't have to hate before you can love, so I stopped playing it and has tried to get rid of the game ever since.
    That's also the reason to why I haven't played more then an hour of the CoD games. I've learned from my mistakes.
    I'm not saying you're wrong for enjoying it, ZombieDeadpool, but for me, it's not worth it, in any way.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ponyville
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oxol View Post
    IMO, games you hate but have to play lots of to like are idiotic. I played 4 hours of Oblivion, hating every second, just waiting for me to like it. After those 4 hours, I realised there's hundreds, even thousands of other great games you don't have to hate before you can love, so I stopped playing it and has tried to get rid of the game ever since.
    That's also the reason to why I haven't played more then an hour of the CoD games. I've learned from my mistakes.
    I'm not saying you're wrong for enjoying it, ZombieDeadpool, but for me, it's not worth it, in any way.
    Only bit of Oblivion I don't like is the Sewers at the start. The rest I love. But CoD. I got forced to play online at a friends. Was the worst gaming experience of my lief. The awful pixel count to the textures looked like someone re-textured Duke Nukem with photographs. the controls were awful, the maps lack lustre and the 7 year olds over the mics... oh god

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Darlington,England
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roza View Post
    the controls were awful
    Could you elaborate? I think the controls are pretty solid.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not Mexico. Honest.
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oxol View Post
    IMO, games you hate but have to play lots of to like are idiotic. I played 4 hours of Oblivion, hating every second, just waiting for me to like it. After those 4 hours, I realised there's hundreds, even thousands of other great games you don't have to hate before you can love, so I stopped playing it and has tried to get rid of the game ever since.
    That's also the reason to why I haven't played more then an hour of the CoD games. I've learned from my mistakes.
    I'm not saying you're wrong for enjoying it, ZombieDeadpool, but for me, it's not worth it, in any way.
    Whoops, I deleted my comment because I didn't word it very well. But I agree with what you are saying. I can't stand any kind of game like Fallout or Oblivion, I want my enjoyment to be instantaneous, not after 4 hours gameplay. I very nearly gave up on COD had it not been for my friends who egged me on to keep trying, and eventually, I got the hang of it.
    Last edited by ZombieDeadpool8; 04-28-2012 at 07:29 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ponyville
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super-mega-hyper-sonic View Post
    Could you elaborate? I think the controls are pretty solid.
    awkward layout (the stick to meele), really heavy, and it just felt unnatural to play

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Darlington,England
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roza View Post
    awkward layout (the stick to meele), really heavy, and it just felt unnatural to play
    I really liked the Stick to melee. Also if it's heavy just turn up the sensitivity.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieDeadpool8 View Post
    Whoops, I deleted my comment because I didn't word it very well. But I agree with what you are saying. I can't stand any kind of game like Fallout or Oblivion, I want my enjoyment to be instantaneous, not after 4 hours gameplay. I very nearly gave up on COD had it not been for my friends who egged me on to keep trying, and eventually, I got the hang of it.
    HOW THE HELL CAN YOU HATE FALLOUT?????!!????!!?? Rpg hater.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    +=~**Kawaiii Desu ^_^**~=+
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
    HOW THE HELL CAN YOU HATE FALLOUT?????!!????!!?? Rpg hater.
    Same reason why fallout 3 is considered a good game.

    People are dumb.

    I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    You know that tree outside your window?
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mchapra View Post
    Same reason why fallout 3 is considered a good game.

    People are dumb.
    Yeah, people who have an opinion are clearly messed up in the head.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    +=~**Kawaiii Desu ^_^**~=+
    Posts
    4,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RAiDeN-209 View Post
    Yeah, people who have an opinion are clearly messed up in the head.
    I can't help it if they like boring expanses and nonsensical plot.

    P.S. I never told anyone to change their opinion. I just said that people who like it(Same with any other bethesda game made after morrowind) are dumb, as my own opinion. Your world isn't ending if I disagree, you don't need to defend or justify what you like unless you doubt your appreciation of it yourself.
    Last edited by mchapra; 04-28-2012 at 08:05 AM.

    I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •