VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678 14 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Eggboy'13 View Post
    Melee Master Race
    True dat

I'll still kinda want to try it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that patrick has no eyes

only sunglasses

The gameplay mechanics, as of now, are nothing like Smash Brothers by the way.

Collecting AP is an interesting concept, and definitely helps distance All-Stars from the Smash Bros. name. It brings up other concerns though, which were discussed in those GameTrailers videos. The constant sense of danger and urgency is lost on a game in which it's impossible to take damage beyond the three-tiered super attacks. I can only hope more traditional modes (super meter replaced with HP?) are included in the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Collecting AP is an interesting concept, and definitely helps distance All-Stars from the Smash Bros. name. It brings up other concerns though, which were discussed in those GameTrailers videos. The constant sense of danger and urgency is lost on a game in which it's impossible to take damage beyond the three-tiered super attacks. I can only hope more traditional modes (super meter replaced with HP?) are included in the final product.
    I would also like to be able to ring out opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    i hear you get kawaii desu desu minutes

Quote Originally Posted by super-mega-hyper-sonic View Post
    I would also like to be able to ring out opponents.
    Ringing out opponents may actually be possible already, just not as the main method of killing opponents. Three out of the four stages shown are walled in, and I'm not sure if characters can drown in the water of the Hot Shots stage or not.

They should totally put a colossus from Shadow of the Colossus for one of the bosses. It'd also be awesome if Wander was a playable character.

A SotC colossus and possibly either the Blue Dragon or the Dragon God from Demon's Souls would serve perfectly as bosses.

If not a boss, then a stage inspired by Shadow of the Colossus. Similarly to how Hades is in the background of the God of War / Patapon stage, the Colossi could manipulate the environment, or even be the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Js2Kings
    The only two things I'm worried about not being like SSBB is the environment playing a real role against you (like being killed by it), and not showing the score. Well that latter could fixed easily but I worry about the environmental elements.
    I'm worried about this as well. If there's no danger of losing health or taking damage by conventional means, then environmental hazards work less as game changers and more as minor nuisances.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    If not a boss, then a stage inspired by Shadow of the Colossus. Similarly to how Hades is in the background of the God of War / Patapon stage, the Colossi could manipulate the environment, or even be the environment
    That would be amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    i hear you get kawaii desu desu minutes

I don't think there should be too much concern over damage at the moment. I'm sure they are more focused on balancing the game and getting the controls as tight as possible before worrying about the finer details.

I was planning to buy a PS3 next year anyway. This game is going to be great, I'm really sad that I can't play it and I have a very few friends with PS3 available to go to their houses and play. =P but dawn, we have to wait until E3 comes up

Click here for Portfolio | Xbox Live - Steam - PSN ID AlexHidanBR

The Roster, so far, is pretty cool; didn't think that Parappa would be on the roster, but it's awesome that he is. I hope that Tomba, Nathan Drake, Sackboy, or Maximilian will be confirmed on the roster later. This is going to be an instant preorder from me. And before I forget, I also want a Lemming level. That would be rad! (Sony owns Lemmings now, apparently)
    GAMERTAGS WiiU: AB_Crew Xbox360: AB Crew PS3: AB_Crew
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Join my Facebook!

Someone saw this video? If it was posted, well... watch again!

Dammit, I wish I have a PS3 T_T Parappa the Rapper was soooo cool on the PSone!

Why Xbox, why?

Click here for Portfolio | Xbox Live - Steam - PSN ID AlexHidanBR

Do people actually believe that image?

"Software Asset Ripping Platform"

What a joke. That is clearly an old arcade style controller like this:

I was about to say, that's a fight stick and it's clearly not plugged into the wii when looking at the official, larger image.

Why don't we try keeping the thread relevant to PlayStation All-Stars, and not Super Smash Brothers?

GameSpot has a video preview up with some full, uncut and unedited fights.

Kratos vs. Parappa vs. in a Battle Royale

Also, the main site, while pretty barren at the moment, is teasing character reveals in 34 days. Incidentally, this just happens to fall on the week prior to E3. I wonder if SuperBot will be slowly unveiling characters and other content as the months pass, leading up to the eventual release. It'd be a smart tactic that would keep people interested and discussions active.

http://www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/