$show[vbsec2]
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Seriously Cool List of Cars Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_the_dinosoar View Post
    Mine:

Dude that's sweet. Gotta love that muscle.

A Nissan GT-R.

Price: $107,600
    Vehicle layout: Front-engine, AWD, 4-pass, 2-door coupe
    Engine: 3.8L/545-hp/463-lb-ft twin-turbo 24-valve V-6
    Transmission: 6-speed twin-clutch auto.
    Curb weight (f/r dist) 3887 lb (55/45%)
    Wheelbase: 109.4 in
    Length x width x height: 183.9 x 74.6 x 53.9 in
    0-60 mph: 2.8 sec
    Quarter mile: 11.1 sec @ 124.8 mph
    Braking, 60-0: 105 ft
    Lateral acceleration: 1.03 g (avg)
    EPA city/hwy fuel econ: 16/23 mpg
    a la cho

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_the_dinosoar View Post
    Mine:

Nice, i envy American's for their cars. Sweet ride Rex.

Given i'm doubtful anyone will post any of these, i'll just post a handful of Australia's best classics. Sorry for the long post, but hey, i thought i'd give a little history lesson. Links to the wiki articles about each model are above the pics:

Ford Falcon Cobra

Some of you may recognise this car from Mad Max. The interceptor where also Ford Falcons, but in sedan form. While they might look a little like a Mustang, the Ford Falcon Coupes are much larger and have a ton of interior space.

Holden HK Monaro GTS

The Holden Monaro is probably GM Holden's most original car, with very little to nothing being derived from other GM models. At the core of them, they're coupe models of the Kingswood model of cars build int he 60s, 70s and 80s. Modern Monaro's, revived by Holden in 2002, were sold all over the world, most notability as the Pontic GTO in the US, and the Chevrolet Lumina SS in the Middle East. Classic models were only sold in Australia and New Zealand, however.

Holden LX Torana SLR-5000

One of the ultimate Australian muscle cars produced, also available in the coupe/hatchback form. The original Torana's, the HB model, owe their design to the Vauxhall Viva model of 1960's.

Ford XY Falcon GT-351 GTHO (i think the car in the picture is a Phase III model)

Another one of Australia's infamous muscle cars. Sold exclusively in Australia and New Zealand with several models making it to South Africa. The XY GT-351 and GTHO models are probably the most highly sort after collectors cars in Australia, with several selling for $800,000 + at various car collection auctions.

Chrysler Valiant VH Charger

Australia's take on the US Charger. I don't know if there's too much that is different between them, other than RHD/LHD conversions. There's a lot of these Valiant's out here with high powered L6 engines (usually known as '6 Packs'), so i'm guessing Australia took the 6 cylinder option mostly. The one pictured however is running a Magnum 440.

HDT VC Brock Commodore

European members will probably notice similarities with this car and the locally build Opel Rekord. After Holden ceased production of its Kingswood range, they needed a new family sedan, and looked to Europe for it. The Australia Holden Commodore was a facelifted version of the Rekord, but it rarely saw a 4 cylinder engine, usually built with either L6 or V8 engines. All Commodore's, excluding the current VE model, can trace some design part, weather it be interior components or the central chassis back to its Opel/Vauxhall counterparts (Omega A and Omega B models shared a similar design and chassis). Modern engines came in the from of the Buick 3800 (with a versed Holden based version called ECOTEC in 1995) and either Chevrolet 308, 350 or 427 cubic inch V8's. Modern Commodores now also run a locally produced 3.0ltr Hemi 6.

The car here is the converted Brock Commodore, named after racing legend Peter Brock. They are quite rare now, and considered a collectors car.

And last but not least, not a classic model, but something awesome (and somewhat unique to Australia and New Zealand)
    HSV VE Maloo R8

Anyone who watches the British Top Gear would have already seen this car, and would already know how unique ute's like this are in Australia, but for those who don't, the Maloo is a sports version of the locally produced Holden Ute coupe utility, which is based off (generally) the current model Commodore. Maloos are sleek, sexy, overpowered and fun to drive in the rain. Also see Ford's offering of the FPV ute line too (or just Google HSV Maloo or Ford XR8/FPV ute)

Okay, i'm done now...
    Last edited by Reza; 04-16-2012 at 04:56 AM.

There are many cars in this world but everyone has its different choices. Maruti Suzuki is one of my favourite brand, is one of best manufacturer in india , they used to discover the latest series of cars every year like Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Facelift it is also an upcoming model which will be launch soon , it is expected to offer great performance as compare to old one . It is also going to be a budget friendly smart car model for every individual. So , if you also want to know the detailed description and prices of this upcoming model then you can visit : https://autoportal.com/newcars/marut...tiga-facelift/