VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Progress: 80%] - Pokemon Green U.S.A Box Art (1998)

Quote Originally Posted by roza View Post
    I never physically made it, but I designed it a while back and uploaded it to the site, though it's nowhere near as accurate as yours.
    http://vgboxart.com/view/28372/pokem...version-cover/
    LOL! NO WAY!

You were the inspiration for me to make mine! ... I was perusing Google images and came across yours, but I wanted it printed into a full box, so I recreated it.

Thank you!

I never physically made it, but I designed it a while back and uploaded it to the site, though it's nowhere near as accurate as yours.
    http://vgboxart.com/view/28372/pokem...version-cover/
    LOL! NO WAY!

You were the inspiration for me to make mine! ... I was perusing Google images and came across yours, but I wanted it printed into a full box, so I recreated it.

Thank you!

This is nice =)

Click here for Portfolio | Xbox Live - Steam - PSN ID AlexHidanBR

You re-created the official pokemon boxes exactly. That green American version should have existed. Great work man

Thanks guys, it means a lot to me to see all your comments.

Just a question... Pokemon Red is the same as Pokemon Green? Because I though when Pokemon Green was going to be released in the US, they changed some stuff and released it as pokemon blue...

I have this question because when I compared the screenshots between Pokemon Red and Pokemon Green, they are the same. If I remember correctly, the sprites (or graphics) of the pokemons are different in each game.

Quote Originally Posted by Higashi89 View Post
    Just a question... Pokemon Red is the same as Pokemon Green? Because I though when Pokemon Green was going to be released in the US, they changed some stuff and released it as pokemon blue...

I have this question because when I compared the screenshots between Pokemon Red and Pokemon Green, they are the same. If I remember correctly, the sprites (or graphics) of the pokemons are different in each game.
    From what I remember, Green became Blue. It took 3 years to localise from Japan as all the text was in the game as sprites, so it wasn't a simple case of translating it. It al had to be reprogrammed. I think Red and Blue have the same sprites. But Japan used different ones. Yellow has different sprites too I believe. I'm not 100% however.

Now that you mention it, I probably should recreate the screens with the correct sprites ...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by level42 View Post
    Now that you mention it, I probably should recreate the screens with the correct sprites ...

Thanks.
    It doesn't seem that hard, but I guess it would be a nice detail.
    In Green, meowth uses this sprite:

while the sprites on their backs are the same in Red/Blue and green.

Really ambitios project, and really well done!

Sure, the recreation looks great and precise and all, and it's definitely impressive considering you're probably a beginner to this stuff, but the purpose of this website is to create your own custom art for your favorite video games. Not knocking this off though! It's a good staring point! But be a bit more creative my friend, and welcome to VGBA.

Quote Originally Posted by afifan000 View Post
    Sure, the recreation looks great and precise and all, and it's definitely impressive considering you're probably a beginner to this stuff, but the purpose of this website is to create your own custom art for your favorite video games. Not knocking this off though! It's a good staring point! But be a bit more creative my friend, and welcome to VGBA.
    I did the same thing and got in the hall....

I did the same thing and got in the hall....
    So what, he should make a habit of creating boxart similar to the original versions just because your project made it into the HoF? I'm simply telling him that in the future he should consider being more creative and coming up with his own designs, I didn't call the idea or the design bad, I didn't even tell him to scrap it! By all means, continue! I think it looks good, I even said so in the original post! may i add that I also think it's cool how your design looks like more of a cutout than just a front and back for a boxart cover.

Anyway, I think you misunderstood my post roza.

The reason that I created this was because, as a child I was a huge fan of the franchise and series. I remember as a kid talking about the mythical, elusive super rare, unreleased Pokemon Green. (Back then I didn't even know what the internet was so everything was based on rumours and what the kids were talking about) I always wanted a copy of Pokemon Green, but to my disappointment, it never came to be. (The USA version). So, as I've grown up, I decided I will finally get my way, one way or another, and I created it for myself. And, it looks great sitting on my shelf with all the other games in my collection.

I hope that clears up some confusion on the project. I don't really have a super creative background, nor much experience in the field of graphic arts, but this is something I've always wanted, and I've set my mind to get it completed. I don't mean to offend any of the true artist who actually design new art.

Thanks.

I pucked rainbows with this collection. It's sad that I never had a gameboy.

Quote Originally Posted by level42 View Post
    The reason that I created this was because, as a child I was a huge fan of the franchise and series. I remember as a kid talking about the mythical, elusive super rare, unreleased Pokemon Green. (Back then I didn't even know what the internet was so everything was based on rumours and what the kids were talking about) I always wanted a copy of Pokemon Green, but to my disappointment, it never came to be. (The USA version). So, as I've grown up, I decided I will finally get my way, one way or another, and I created it for myself. And, it looks great sitting on my shelf with all the other games in my collection.

I hope that clears up some confusion on the project. I don't really have a super creative background, nor much experience in the field of graphic arts, but this is something I've always wanted, and I've set my mind to get it completed. I don't mean to offend any of the true artist who actually design new art.

Thanks.
    Chaos Black and Quartz? I'm pretty sure I saw those at an Indonesian video game shop before. So this isn't the first time you've done this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariolee View Post
    Chaos Black and Quartz? I'm pretty sure I saw those at an Indonesian video game shop before. So this isn't the first time you've done this?
    I would guess no, since Pokemon Quartz is just a hacked version of LeafGreen and FireRed.

It would be funny if he had the Pokemon Black version for GBC (you know, that creepypasta)

Oh no offense at all, none taken! I'm glad you explained your project, really makes me appreciate the project even more and I'm sure other members would agree! I like it, keep up the good work!

Thanks again guys, sorry I've been so M.I.A about the continuation of this, but I figured maybe I should finally finish this project off.

Any one here think they can help me vectorize the front logo of Venusaur? I can only find a small low rez jpg online and it really doesn't work very well for print. I'd love to convert this whole project into a very nice vector as even some of the text is a bit blurry when printed.

The only problem, is I'm no expert in vectoring artwork, though I'm sure I can do most of it, I know for a fact Venusaur is going to be a pain because of all the water colours and gradients.

Anyone who might be able to assist me here, please let me know, your help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks.

Hey level42, could you please upload your flat image and cart label somewhere else like photobucket or imageshack, because i can't access your website.