VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: Call of Duty VEX WIP

Post Call of Duty VEX WIP

So i like to make my own games up, so i just made this one in 2 hours. I want this one to look as real as possible so any tips will be much appreciated.

Tip: doesn't look as real as possible. I'm pretty sure cod wouldn't have the date of the release on the front either.

I would definitely not finish this/delete it if I were you.

Well this isn't going to end well.

Oh God.

Please leave a comment or favorite...or both!

You guys should cut him some slack. It takes some time to learn what works and what doesn't, not to mention the tools of the trade can be daunting to a new user.

Speeztime, here are some links to boxart tutorials that should be helpful to you. http://vgboxart.com/forums/showthrea...-Art-Tutorials

For the rest of you, I suggest you read this: http://vgboxart.com/forums/showthrea...xart-Critiques

Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    You guys should cut him some slack. It takes some time to learn what works and what doesn't, not to mention the tools of the trade can be daunting to a new user.

Speeztime, here are some links to boxart tutorials that should be helpful to you. http://vgboxart.com/forums/showthrea...-Art-Tutorials

For the rest of you, I suggest you read this: http://vgboxart.com/forums/showthrea...xart-Critiques
    It's not because of the way he did the box, it's the fact that the cover is 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfSwiss View Post
    It's not because of the way he did the box, it's the fact that the cover is 9/11.
    Just realized this. This should be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfSwiss View Post
    Why does that mean he has to delete it? It was a tragic day, but we needn't tiptoe around it.

My point was that none of the comments were helpful. Telling someone to delete their box with sufficient explanation is rude and is of no value.

Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    Why does that mean he has to delete it? It was a tragic day, but we needn't tiptoe around it.

My point was that none of the comments were helpful. Telling someone to delete their box with sufficient explanation is rude and is of no value.
    It's not a problem with me. I don't get offended by it. However, I know that there's a good amount of people who would flip out if they saw this.

World War II and Vietnam are even worse and that doesn't stop treyarch. As I look now i feel terrible for doing so, i should have not used that specific background. If you want to delete it, do it. This was nothing I particularly cared about, but it was more of a test. From this point on I will be doing more sonic, mario, and DK games rather than modern day war games. In fact, i have one to post right now. It will be greatly appreciated if you could give me some tips, and just forget about this box, because this was never going to be good anyway and i should have saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Speeztime View Post
    World War II and Vietnam are even worse and that doesn't stop treyarch. As I look now i feel terrible for doing so, i should have not used that specific background. If you want to delete it, do it. This was nothing I particularly cared about, but it was more of a test. From this point on I will be doing more sonic, mario, and DK games rather than modern day war games. In fact, i have one to post right now. It will be greatly appreciated if you could give me some tips, and just forget about this box, because this was never going to be good anyway and i should have saw that.
    No one is saying you can't do war games but some people are saying that this is event a bit too soon to be a box cover.

He's not making fun of it in any way ... seriously it's not a big deal. There is absolutely no reason for anybody to be offended by this. If someone flips for no reason, it's their fault. The box shouldn't be deleted.

Of course, this couuld use some work technically.

Quote Originally Posted by twoxT View Post
    this is event a bit too soon.
    Almost eleven years?

I agree with Yoshistar.

It's very grey indeed, it needs more colour to make it more appealing and less mushy looking. Plus the back is very bland, right now it is dominated by the text.