VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: The Official LittleBigPlanet Karting Thread of "This is the new, new Mario Kart"

Default The Official LittleBigPlanet Karting Thread of "This is the new, new Mario Kart"

(Click for larger image)

Videos
    Reveal Trailer

Screenshots

Made by the Modnation's Team (United Front Games), LittleBigPlanet Racing is their fusion of LittleBigPlanet and kart-racing. This game features many characteristics from both LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers, with many modded features such as top-down, side-scrolling and behind-the-kart racing. It also features classic racing and battle modes.

Quote Originally Posted by James Grieve, Sr. Producer, United Front Games
    Our goal with LBP Karting has been fairly simple – provide a fast-paced experience that captures the best of classic karting gameplay, married with the unbridled creativity of LBP. This new adventure will be accessible to players of all ages and have all of the variety necessary to satisfy both the hardcore and more casual players.

This is an LBP game, so we could never talk about it without mentioning the Create tools. LBP Karting is set in an entirely 3D world that will enable players to create rich and varied gameplay experiences. Tons of familiar LBP gadgets will be present, along with a new toolbox specifically tailored to allow for building in LBP Karting’s 3D world. Along with fan-favorite racing and battle modes, players will be able to modify the rules of the game itself to create completely new modes and challenges. All of this is wrapped up in a community experience that should have LBP fans feeling right at home.
    Release Date: TBA 2012

Also for those who know about Modnation's horrible loading times (From PS Blog comments):
    Quote Originally Posted by Rytteren
    so. loading times is the thing that will make or break it for me (and Frames pr second..)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Grieve
    Hey Rytteren, the team at UFG has been hard at work on our engine to address both of the concerns you call out here. I think you will like the results!
    Edit: Crap didn't see the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Js2Kings View Post
    Edit: Crap didn't see the other thread.
    It's okay. You're thread beats mine. :P

Like I said before, I'm excited. I was never a big fan of Modnation Racers.

It's pretty funny. When I first saw LBP screenshots, to me it kind of seemed like what Mario would be if it created nowadays. Now there's LittleBigPlanet Karting, and it reminds me of Mario Kart. LittleBigPlanet is almost like Sony's Mario.

I'm actually pretty excited for this.