VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: The South Park RPG thread

Default The South Park: The Stick of Truth thread - South Park RPG

What is it?
    South Park: The Game is an upcoming role-playing video game based on the American animated television series South Park being developed by Obsidian Entertainment (Makers of Fallout: New Vegas), in collaboration with South Park Digital Studios. Similarly to their duties on the TV show, South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are writing the script for the game, overseeing the project, and providing the voices of the characters.

What's it all about?
    In the game, players will control a new kid in South Park, in order to make friends with the five main characters of the show, Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and Butters, and to defend the town from various threats. The story opens with all of the local youngsters wrapped up in a town-wide LARP. Eric Cartman is there to guide you through the character creation process, offering up Wizard, Paladin, Adventurer, Rogue and Jew as the classes, the latter being a class Cartman created himself.

How will it play?
    Combat in South Park will resemble Paper Mario in that the strength of attacks and defensive moves will be dictated by timed button presses. Individual class abilities will also play a large role in combat, as will the player's main weapon which can be customized and added to as the game progresses.

Any screenshots?
    You bet there are. Here's your eye candy:

When can I get my hands on this?
    Late 2012 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
    Last edited by billyman31; 05-05-2012 at 01:03 PM.

It's coming out on PC too? Hell yeah.

I'm excited. Love the show and this looks like the first decent game based on it. Also looks like it's going to be an RPG that's just fun and not really serious. I'll probably get it for 360 instead of PC, seems like a good console experience.

The simple fact 'Jew' is a class is one of the many, MANY reasons I adore South Park. This is a must but for me. A combination between Obsidian and Trey and Matt will be just perfect. And seeing as they will put more than a weeks writing in on this I can anticipate it being the funniest game ever made. I just hope they do what they always fear and spend too much time redrafting the script and spoil it. And I love how it's in the Shows animation style. the end of this year will be damn good!

Resident Evil 6
    Halo 4
    South Park

Hopefully this will be Games for Windows compatible. Doesn't look like it'll have high requirements and PC would be cheaper than 360, but none the less. I am so getting it!

Will this be a retail game or will it be XBL/PSN?

Quote Originally Posted by roza View Post
    Hopefully this will be Games for Windows compatible.
    Wha, why?

The game has a new name; South Park The stick of Truth, and a new boxart.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by billyman31; 05-05-2012 at 02:16 PM.