VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: Official FAR CRY 3 Thread

Default Official FAR CRY 3 Thread

Beyond the limits of civilization lies an island, a lawless place ruled by piracy and human misery, where your only escapes are drugs or the muzzle of a gun. This is where you find yourself, trapped in a place that’s forgotten right from wrong, a place that lives by the principles of violence. Discover the island’s bloody secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to survive. Beware the beauty and mystery of this unexplored paradise and live to outwit its roster of ruthless, desperate characters.
    You’ll need more than luck to survive.
    Videos:

Screenshots:

Last edited by deiviuxs; 03-21-2012 at 02:01 PM.

I'd be lying if I said I was genuinely looking forward to this game, but I'll be keeping my eye on it at the very least. My optimism towards the series has largely diminished after playing FC2. I'll wait to see if this can redeem the series.

I really disliked Far Cry 2. Hopefully this one will be better.

I'm on the same boat as you guys. I remember then Ubi was marketing FC2 and everything from screens to videos looked amazing. It actually made me pre-order the game for the first time. Unfortunately, one I actually played it, I was pretty disappointed.

I really hope that this game will play just as good as it looks from the videos...I hope.

I don't know about you guys, but I really liked Far Cry 2.

I'm extremely excited for this. It looks amazing from what I've seen.

Far Cry 2 for me was ruined by the awful malaria system. Terrible design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Far Cry 2 for me was ruined by the awful malaria system. Terrible design choice.
    That and tedious driving through the open world filled with stupid and annoying A.I. that keeps re-spawning every 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by deiviuxs View Post
    That and tedious driving through the open world filled with stupid and annoying A.I. that keeps re-spawning every 5 minutes.
    It's almost as if you're implying that there was something other than driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    It's almost as if you're implying that there was something other than driving.
    Of course there was. Missions, shooting and exploration. I actually loved the guns in the game and playing with them was fun, it's just that the world looked more like "copy & paste" most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by deiviuxs View Post
    Of course there was. Missions, shooting and exploration. I actually loved the guns in the game and playing with them was fun, it's just that the world looked more like "copy & paste" most of the time.
    Obviously I was just making a lighthearted observation about the obscene amount of driving that takes place in the game. Despite the side mission here and enemy encampment there, I felt as if at least 50% or more of my time was spent merely driving between locations. And due to the AI's ridiculous habit of shooting at anything that moves, I'd occasionally have to get out of my car and hit the engine with a wrench a few times and be off again.

Like you said, it felt like a number of the game's resources were used more than once. I couldn't believe there was actually a second map once you'd progressed far enough, and that barely anything had changed between it and the first.