VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread of Achievements and Trophies

Default Thread of Achievements and Trophies

I know quite a few people couldn't care less about the inclusion of achievements and trophies in games, but I happen to really enjoy aiming to get them all or getting platinums in games with friends. Some are fairly difficult to get, and require up to 8 players at times in online modes. In this thread, users can discuss which ones they are having troubles with, which achievements/trophies they are most proud of getting, and giving tips on how to best receive them.

As for me, I'm currently working on getting a platinum in Dead Nation and getting 100% of the trophies in Burnout Paradise after getting the platinum several weeks ago.

Good idea for a thread. Personally, I don't oppose the inclusion of trophies, and in fact strive to acquire them if the game holds up in terms of quality. I'm a completionist, so as long as I'm enjoying myself, I want to experience the game to it's fullest extent. However, I do wish more developers would integrate trophies more subtly, devised to compliment the purpose of the game, rather than serve as the purpose itself.

I'm currently working towards Master of Time in Final Fantasy XIII-2. I love the game, so the grind hasn't taken it's toll as it would in a less enjoyable title. I have a feeling I will be spending an eternity in Serendipity, though.
    Last edited by Pleiades; 03-20-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Personally, I'm don't oppose the inclusion of trophies, and in fact strive to acquire them if the game holds up in terms of quality.
    Basically this.

Right now I'm starting an Insanity run in ME3. It's all I need for the platinum. Since ME3 on normal is harder than ME2 on insanity I'm sure this will be fun. :/

All trophies have ever done is emphasize the concept of the backlog. When I complete the game, I don't need more things reminding me that I didn't fully complete it. Completion-ism in video games is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Right now I'm starting an Insanity run in ME3. It's all I need for the platinum. Since ME3 on normal is harder than ME2 on insanity I'm sure this will be fun. :/
    Really? I played through ME3 on Hardcore and found it surprisingly easy. I'm not sure about Insanity, though.

What class are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Really? I played through ME3 on Hardcore and found it surprisingly easy. I'm not sure about Insanity, though.

What class are you using?
    Vanguard. For my insanity run I'm importing my level 55 character and planning on hiding behind cover and spamming Pull, Shockwave, and Slam.

Vanguard. For my insanity run I'm importing my level 55 character and planning on hiding behind cover and spamming Pull, Shockwave, and Slam.
    My first playthrough I was an Adept, taking advantage of the Singularity/Warp combo from a distance. Combining my own powers with Liara's made us nearly unstoppable. I'm interested in seeing how insanity pans out in comparison. The only section I'm dreading is during the final mission, against the onslaught of powerful enemies just prior to the conclusion.

I haven't plat'd a single game. I've came close on a number of games (ACII being the most at 95%, I just really don't want to bother collecting those feathers.)

I have intentions to get the platinum for Snake Eater in the MGS HD collection. Those trophies look really easy, I have about 50% already after one playthrough.

The closest I have ever coming to 100% all achievements was Portal 2 where I got something like 75%. I just couldn't get most of the multiplayer achievements.
    i hear you get kawaii desu desu minutes

Vanguard is probably the hardest class to play with, since it relies on you getting up close and personal with the enemy. If you only want to focus on getting the Insanity trophy, then, as Pleaides stated Adept is great (biotic explosions with Liara and/or Javik.) Engineer is also pretty damn impressive, as is Infiltrator. Playing Vanguard will definitely be a challenge!
    bless you with this DOPE

I love trophies, but I really don't have the time or patience to collect every single one in every game I own. For me, I play games because I enjoy them, trophies are just a bonus.

I have 91% of all trophies in Sonic Generations. ONLY THREE MORE TO GO!

I have 2 Platinum trophies, and I'm pretty close to getting a couple other games Platinum'd.

I only need a few trophies in Portal 2 (multiplayer ones only), in Burnout Paradise (multiplayer ones only), Red Dead Redemption (the game messed up so I couldn't 100% the game, which is a trophy), Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (probably wouldn't take long or be challenging, since I'm like a Need for Speed god), Madden 10 (can't really remember which, but I think only like 3 trophies left), and Black Ops (just the zombies ones and a couple others).

That's just about all.

100%'d the achievements on 12 games, including Tomb Raider Legend, Portal 2, Viva Pinata, Oblivion, South Park LGTD, Dead Rising Case 0, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Avatar TLAB: TBE (yeah, yeah I know) and a few others I can't remember I'm close on all the Halo's (excluding wars), Resident Evil 5 (Both PC and 360) and some other games

Quote Originally Posted by roza View Post
    100%'d the achievements on 12 games, including Tomb Raider Legend, Portal 2, Viva Pinata, Oblivion, South Park LGTD, Dead Rising Case 0, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Avatar TLAB: TBE (yeah, yeah I know) and a few others I can't remember I'm close on all the Halo's (excluding wars), Resident Evil 5 (Both PC and 360) and some other games
    I wish PS3 had trophies/achievements as early as 360... I would love Oblivion trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by RAiDeN-209 View Post
    I wish PS3 had trophies/achievements as early as 360... I would love Oblivion trophies.
    Some of the Black ops Zombie related trophies are a bitch. The pentagon thief one for example, I only unlocked because I had a death machine and insta-kill.

Quote Originally Posted by super-mega-hyper-sonic View Post
    The closest I have ever coming to 100% all achievements was Portal 2 where I got something like 75%. I just couldn't get most of the multiplayer achievements.
    Neither have I

Does anyone have World at War (PS3)?

Quote Originally Posted by RAiDeN-209 View Post
    I have it. Most of the servers are hacked nowadays though...
    I must be lucky then, as I haven't joined a single hacked server yet tonight. Everything has been really smooth despite only 5,000 or so players being online. I was going to ask if I could get some help with the Blue Ribbon trophy but I got it right after posting on here.

I've also never had a problem with online WaW games.