VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: What do you want to see in a Pokemon Game?

Default What do you want to see in a Pokemon Game?

Really just a simple question. I feel like with Black and White 2 coming out and that they are actually continuing with a STORY is probably one of the best things to happen with this franchise. Since Pokemon Red and Blue (Green if you're in Japan) the games haven't had a solid story just "go to this gym, beat leader, get all eight badges and beat the elite four" Sure they had organizations trying to stop you and what not but it wasn't engaging at all. But with Black and White you actually get a solid story.

Again back to the point, what do YOU want to see in a Pokemon game? What do you think they should change, add, take out or whatever.

For me, I'd LOVE for them to create an Open World Pokemon game. Where YOU create the trainer and its in a third person view. I guess now it would have to be made for the Wii U but I thought it work better for something with Motion Controls, you know to actually have to THROW the Pokeball to catch a pokemon, or use it to cast the fish rod or something. It would be just so awesome!

Something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Something new.
    THIS! I want Pokemon 2 Not Pokemon 1 Version 16.3.

Also one small thing that I would really, REALLY appreciate would be some textures for the pokemon, on Pokemon stadium it was understandable to not have them, but in Battle Revolution they all look like plastic. Another thing they should fix is the ev/iv stsyem, it's so cryptic and random and ruins the competitive experience in my opinion, I don't have 100s of hours to spend on something that's almost completely random.

Take the graphics/battle style of Pokemon Battle revolution/Colosseum and put it to the standard pokemon formula. Also semblance of a plot.

Decided to just repost this.

Quote Originally Posted by Js2Kings View Post
    The perfect Pokemon game to me would be sort of like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, with a button dedicated just for tackling, and the other face buttons dedicated to 3 special moves and select for inventory, except actual real-time action instead of turned based, using the shoulder buttons/D-pad to dodge attacks, or d-pad for 4 special moves and the face for jumping/tacking/inventory/switching Pokemon. And outside battles is just like the handheld Pokemon games, actual trainers, same exact story. Once I something similar to this, my life will be complete.

I would like to see Pokemon venture into the world of real-time combat. Encounter enemies on the field and enter a contained field of battle as is tradition, but control your Pokemon directly. I'm currently playing Tales of Graces f, and I could see it's CC system and ability assignment working well with Nintendo's series. Essentially, I would like to see a balance struck between RPG strategy and real-time action.

I could write an essay, or I could say that it doesn't matter because the same formula has worked every single time for the last 15 years. Nintendo, never change.

Basically Spectrobes: Origins* with a few adaptations. The biggest one is the battle system. In S: O you control the guy, who battles too and give orders to the Spectrobe to attack an specific monster. In Pokemon you would control the Pokemon instead, using in a Mystery Dungeon Style. A basic attack, and 4 moves which are hotkeyed. Like A is Tackle and
    the D-Pad it's the for moves. The pokemon would learn EVERY move, but you would select just 4. And the commands the guy deos to the monster would be the trainer commands, like Item and Change Pokemon.

Sonicz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that patrick has no eyes

only sunglasses