VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Live-Action)

Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Live-Action)

Thought this needed a thread for all you turtle lovers.

Information:

"In an interview with Kevin Munroe, he stated that he would like to direct a possible sequel, possibly involving the return of the Shredder. On October 21, 2009, it was announced that cable channel Nickelodeon (a subsidiary of Viacom) had purchased all of Mirage's rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property. Nickelodeon plans to develop a new CGI-animated TMNT television series and will partner with fellow Viacom company Paramount Pictures to bring a new TMNT movie to theaters. The TV series is expected in 2012 and the movie will be released on December 25, 2013.

According to Deadline, Paramount and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce the next film that reboots the film series. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The studio originally hired Matt Holloway and Art Marcum to write the film for close to $1 million dollars but they left the project. The Studio hired Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol writers Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec to write the script for the film. According to Variety, Jonathan Liebesman is in talks to direct the film. Deadline reports that Paramount has a Christmas 2013 release date set for the film. Michael Bay revealed at the 2012 Nickeloden Upfront on March 14, 2012 that the film will be titled "Ninja Turtles" and that the Turtles will no longer be mutants, but instead be members of an alien race."

Emphasis on "but instead be members of an alien race.", seriously, what the fuck? Who the hell came up with that idea?

I think that there should be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles based on the earlier comics, which were pretty damn gritty. The closest thing I have seen of that is Turtles Forever.

Michael Bay, please don't fuck up TMNT. It was one of the greatest things of my childhood, don't ruin it for everyone.
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate | Name: Yami G | HR: 7+

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi53 View Post
    "but instead be members of an alien race."
    The fuck!? Then they minds we'll call it something else. If they stick with that i'll be pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by YamiGekusu View Post
    I think that there should be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles based on the earlier comics, which were pretty damn gritty. The closest thing I have seen of that is Turtles Forever.

Michael Bay, please don't fuck up TMNT. It was one of the greatest things of my childhood, don't ruin it for everyone.
    Why focus the blame on Bay? I think the writers and director have much more responsibility here, and he's not even the only producer. According to the source, Bay is only one of 5 producers for the movie. In each of his movies where he has received criticism, it's most always to do with some other issue, such as the writing, yet he receives all the negative talk.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiGekusu View Post
    I remember hearing the very first TMNT movie was pretty gritty. I havn't gotten the chance to see it yet, so I don't know for sure.

Christ The Fucking Hell No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that patrick has no eyes

only sunglasses

Isn't them being Teenage mutants kind of a big deal to the story? This would be like if the next Superman movie said Superman wasn't an alien from Krypton but instead just a mutant human. You can't do that.
    a la cho

Quote Originally Posted by madoublex View Post
    I remember hearing the very first TMNT movie was pretty gritty. I havn't gotten the chance to see it yet, so I don't know for sure.
    Watch it. It's fucking godly.
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate | Name: Yami G | HR: 7+

Michael Bay Says to chill out.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Micha...Out-30049.html

"Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world."

To be honest aliens is no sillier than a bunch of turtles mutated by toxic ooze.
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing94 View Post
    You guys are just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    To be honest aliens is no sillier than a bunch of turtles mutated by toxic ooze.
    I don't think people had an issue with silliness as much as taking away main parts of the original story.
    a la cho