VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orion is finally complete - Updates

Quote Originally Posted by roza View Post
    I have a few pages on Facebook. I'll try and help you spread the word. And I'll try and get my college to buy a copy for the library
    Thanks mate, I greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leegion View Post
    Thanks mate, I greatly appreciate it.
    It'd be my pleasure, let me know when pre-orders are available on Amazon so I can give the library the order codes, they tend to order things in if people ask for them. They've just sent out for Full Metal Jacket on DVD cause I asked for it and they didn't have it.

Happy to hear that you finally finished it, you had a lot of hurdles along the way.
    Twitter | Steam | MAL | Aim: Slowbros | My first satire box art is this...sigh.|

CREATOR OF {THE CONVERSATION THREAD}

Can you send me the first three chapters too? Also, didn't you already make a cover for the book?

Quote Originally Posted by woopwoop11 View Post
    Can you send me the first three chapters too? Also, didn't you already make a cover for the book?
    I used stock images from the net for it, added effects and such, it was just for design purposes. And yeah, I can send you the first 3 chapters.

@Roza: Will do mate, shouldn't be long now until it is 100% complete. It's just the editing which will take time.

@Hunter: I just hope I can stick to my original word and get it released this year. I was this close last year until I read through it, turned out the original story was too... simple. You knew what was going to happen from the first page, not the case this time. In the original, you knew Orion was going to end up with the sword from the outset, this time I've done something different.
    Last edited by Leegion; 03-13-2012 at 12:57 PM.

I just hope you don't mind the possibility of ponified Orion art sprouting up everywhere, cause that's where I hold the most sway really XD

The first theme from the soundtrack: Just a Farm Boy by Phil Smith.

Bad news, my computer died. Typical for me since I have just bought a new one, which I'm using now. Orion was on my old one, like an idiot I never saved the .docx to box and... yeah, you get the picture. I have the first 3 chapters though, so I guess I'll start again.

Bad news, my computer died. Typical for me since I have just bought a new one, which I'm using now. Orion was on my old one, like an idiot I never saved the .docx to box and... yeah, you get the picture. I have the first 3 chapters though, so I guess I'll start again.
    What wait. You lost all the work you had done? Everything?

Quote Originally Posted by amad2 View Post
    What wait. You lost all the work you had done? Everything?
    Yeah, pretty much. I did say in the beginning that my luck isn't great. Didn't think it was this crap though. It doesn't matter, my PC arrived today and when I went to transfer my HDD data onto the new one it didn't work. Turns out the HDD on my old PC is in every sense of the word "screwed". I lost 6 years of data today, so I'm not exactly happy...

Fuck man. I've had the same happen to me before (on a much less important scale however). Now I always back everything up on my USB

Wait, you didn't have a backup plan? Dropbox? External HDD, flash drive? When you are working on something as huge as this is, it's a very good idea to have backup solutions in place.

I don't want to sound harsh, but when you work on something for six years, and don't have any backups of it, and you lose it, don't blame it on unluckiness. That's just stupidity.
    Beneath the seas I searched / And had a different view
    Of us on earth / The sinking ship of men

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderpig24 View Post
    Wait, you didn't have a backup plan? Dropbox? External HDD, flash drive? When you are working on something as huge as this is, it's a very good idea to have backup solutions in place.
    I got one, it just came a day too late. I bought a 60gb external HDD from Littlewoods, along with a £349 zoostorm PC from Littlewoods also. Made the order last week as mine was a little slow (512mb ram). I thought I'd treat myself to a new PC. Had no idea my old one would feel jealousy and decide to put a huge middle finger in my face and pretty much destroy 2 months of solid writing.

One of the issues I think caused my old PC to die, was the fact that I downloaded a few updates for it last night before I turned it off. When that happened, I think something went wrong.

But this isn't the biggest problem and I can fix it, just might take a little while. Doubt I'll be able to release it this year now. Which sucks as I really did need to get this out this year. But I have the 3 chapters on box to follow, I'd only just finished reading it through so I remember most of it. So it's not over just yet.

Hurdles... never can manage to cross the finish line. This is the 3rd time in the last year I've managed to screw the release date up.

I see. Can you connect the HDD to your new computer (As slave) and try to recover it?

I see. Can you connect the HDD to your new computer (As slave) and try to recover it?
    Already tried, I went into the control panel, checked in slave D and there was nothing on it. Whatever that update was last night completely fried the thing. Probably a trojan, I had one before that wiped all my data.

Good news, found a copy of a dated version of the novel from back in February. It's around 150 pages long, so it's missing quite a lot, but at least I don't have to start over again. Release date might actually be possible if I go flat out, if not, then I guess late 2012 will be more than good enough.

Good news, found a copy of a dated version of the novel from back in February. It's around 150 pages long, so it's missing quite a lot, but at least I don't have to start over again. Release date might actually be possible if I go flat out, if not, then I guess late 2012 will be more than good enough.
    Please make backups this time.

Please make backups this time.
    Already done.