VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: Fellow Designers, Your Assistance be Urgently Required... [Game/poster idea needed]

Default Fellow Designers, Your Assistance be Urgently Required... [Game/poster idea needed]

For a piece of Coursework I have to complete, quite urgently acctually, I am required to research, analyse and write about Video Game advertisements (Because I chose to, naturally.) I am then required to take this research and design and develop 3 posters, as you might see in a Video game magazine, advertising a game I must create myself. Now, I finished all that research etc. quite a while ago, but since then I've been caught up in alot of other work, and haven't got around to producing the final product. My teacher's threatening me with Disqualification from the coursework if I don't finish soon, so I have come flailing my arms and weeping like a little girl to you guys- I need some ideas for a game, ideas that are quite original but easily adaptable into 3 posters of varying types (Teaser, Full on release poster, and an 'Additional content' poster, such as exclusive versions, pre-order bonuses etc.). I need help on design ideas, because my brain is melting under the pressure!
    Hopefully you sexy people can help me out here. Thank you in advance!

First thing that comes to my head when you say easily adaptable is your own version of an Assassin's Creed game. If you're able to do something like that, you can easily just take renders, make your own story, and base it on any historic moment from any country basically.

Problem is it has to be completely original. I have to develop a totally new concept to show I researched the topic correctly. I, weirdly, did first have the idea to do exactly that, my own Assassin's Creed III, until I was told it wasn't acceptable. :/

Some type of time travelling game would still be quite awesome.
    a la cho

Quote Originally Posted by stevencho View Post
    Some type of time travelling game would still be quite awesome.
    Pretty good idea, give the game a simple premise, but make it really interesting and unique, like Limbo. Try not to bog it down with intricate plots like Metal Gear Solid and Assassin's Creed.

I had a whole video game synopsis I came up with, but then I read about Dead Rising and it was kinda similar. It's pretty cheesy, but let me know if you want to hear it.