VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: {the official conversation thread}

Man Dexter is a great show. I have only just started watching due to my trial of Netflix. Too bad netflix only have the first 2 seasons.
    My Anime List (Recommendations Welcome!)

Quote Originally Posted by HalfSwiss View Post
    My report card came in a week ago. I find it odd that my science teacher has the same amount of students as my English teacher and he can grade a test and give it back the next day. Yet I haven't gotten my English test from February back yet and I'm having another today. Sure a play we had to right was part of our test grade, but that doesn't take two months to grade. My science test have all the same stuff on the test itself: multiple choice, short answer, essay...

Sorry I don't like my English class this year.
    Yeah, 2 months seems like a long time but generally if there are comprehension/essay questions, it'll take longer. Maths and Science tests are usually much easier to mark (depending on the subject) because there's only one answer/
    bless you with this DOPE

I just realized that I've put somewhere around 175 hours into MLB 11: The Show.

Dear God...

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Yeah, 2 months seems like a long time but generally if there are comprehension/essay questions, it'll take longer. Maths and Science tests are usually much easier to mark (depending on the subject) because there's only one answer/
    But as I said, the Science tests have short answer and essay too. I heard my teacher said it takes her 15 minutes to grade each essay, but still. That doesn't take 3 months.

But as I said, the Science tests have short answer and essay too. I heard my teacher said it takes her 15 minutes to grade each essay, but still. That doesn't take 3 months.
    This week, we graded the test with my Geography teacher. She said she didn't had enough time, and asked if we wanted to help. We said yes, she distributed the test randomly and corrected every question as we graded them. Of course it was only multiple choices questions, but it was still nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    This week, we graded the test with my Geography teacher. She said she didn't had enough time, and asked if we wanted to help. We said yes, she distributed the test randomly and corrected every question as we graded them. Of course it was only multiple choices questions, but it was still nice.
    I hate grading my own tests.

I hate grading my own tests.
    Yeah me too. Like really dude, isn't grading part of your job? And it's always the long multiple choice tests that the teachers are stupid enough not to give you scantrons for.

*teacher passes back ungraded 50-question MC test
    Teacher: "Now take out a red pen."
    Me: "Fuuuuuuuuck you."

Currently trying to install Hackintosh right now. I'm just not sure if it's compatible with my parts. According to the OSX86 forums they are, but I need more support. If anyone is knowledgeable in Hackintosh, please help:
    My motherboard is Pegatron Violet6 with an NVIDIA nForce 720a chipset and I have an AMD Phenom II X4 820 Deneb processor.

Edit: Here's what made me think my parts are compatible:

This was taken from a thread on how to install Hackintosh on AMD processors.
    My parts are so similar to that of the example he gave (I have 820 instead of 810 processor, and I have nForce 720), I figured I shouldn't have any incompatibility issues. My GPU wouldn't be an issue either, he states later on in the thread using GraphicsEnabler will allow ATI Radeon 5XXX GPUs to work perfectly. I hope everything goes well.

Edit2: In case you're curious, here's the thread I'm getting this info from: http://www.osx86.net/desktops/9746-g...-10-6-amd.html

Reliable?
    Last edited by Ienzo; 04-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    Beneath the seas I searched / And had a different view
    Of us on earth / The sinking ship of men

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Flames View Post
    Have you tried asolnening the mother core drive umulator? That should caon 500 your Force2000 for your 320 X core print light laser. If that doesn't forilne your equation 02 correctly, you should F4 the entire system for back up help.
    There we go again. I still remember the first time you did this, I literally laughed IRL for like 5 minutes straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ienzo View Post
    Currently trying to install Hackintosh right now. I'm just not sure if it's compatible with my parts. According to the OSX86 forums they are, but I need more support. If anyone is knowledgeable in Hackintosh, please help:
    My motherboard is Pegatron Violet6 with an NVIDIA nForce 720a chipset and I have an AMD Phenom II X4 820 Deneb processor.
    Hackintosh isn't recommended at all with an AMD processor, at least from what I have read from the Tony Mac forums after the past year or so. I installed mine on an i5-2500k Intel processor with an AMD graphics card. It was absolute hell getting it successfully installed and working on my setup, but it was right after Sandy Bridge was released. Definitely the hardest technical thing since I downgraded and hacked my Wii without bricking it. In order to install OS X with that AMD processor, it will be incredibly tedious but it is possible. I can probably find you a guide, which version of OS X are you trying to install?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderpig24 View Post
    Hackintosh isn't recommended at all with an AMD processor, at least from what I have read from the Tony Mac forums after the past year or so. I installed mine on an i5-2500k Intel processor with an AMD graphics card. It was absolute hell getting it successfully installed and working on my setup, but it was right after Sandy Bridge was released. Definitely the hardest technical thing since I downgraded and hacked my Wii without bricking it. In order to install OS X with that AMD processor, it will be incredibly tedious but it is possible. I can probably find you a guide, which version of OS X are you trying to install?
    I heard somewhere that Lion doesn't work with AMD processors, so I'm trying to use Snow Leopard 10.6.

And btw, I'm using the thread I posted above as my guide, and so far I've already burned the ModCD disc, I'm just waiting for OSX 10.6 to be... er, purchased.

I don't understand a word of the last five posts. I feel stupid. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Flames View Post
    Have you tried asolnening the mother core drive umulator? That should caon 500 your Force2000 for your 320 X core print light laser. If that doesn't forilne your equation 02 correctly, you should F4 the entire system for back up help.
    Brilliant.

I heard somewhere that Lion doesn't work with AMD processors, so I'm trying to use Snow Leopard 10.6.

And btw, I'm using the thread I posted above as my guide, and so far I've already burned the ModCD disc, I'm just waiting for OSX 10.6 to be... er, purchased.
    OK, so you should be good. I purchased OS X 10.6.3 straight from Apple's website, that one is pretty good to start with. Once you have a Hackintosh running, you can run the normal updater after doing a few things and it all runs like normal. I also have the iBoot dual boot screen running, so when I start my PC I can choose between Snow Leopard and Win7, with the ability to change startup options. If that guide doesn't work for you, try this: http://geeknizer.com/install-snow-leopard-on-amd/

Your processor should be just fine, it's got both SSE2 and SSE3 so that's all you really need for a successful install.

I used this guide from the Tony Mac forums (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/...c-os-x-on.html), had to run MultiBeast first and then the default Snow Leopard installation discs, swapping them several times throughout the process. Once installing you have to replace a few kext files and install the boot loader and it is usually good to go.

(Also, Snow Leopard IMO is a lot better than Lion so it's perfectly fine just to stick with that for now if you get it working).

OK, so you should be good. I purchased OS X 10.6.3 straight from Apple's website, that one is pretty good to start with. Once you have a Hackintosh running, you can run the normal updater after doing a few things and it all runs like normal. I also have the iBoot dual boot screen running, so when I start my PC I can choose between Snow Leopard and Win7, with the ability to change startup options. If that guide doesn't work for you, try this: http://geeknizer.com/install-snow-leopard-on-amd/

Your processor should be just fine, it's got both SSE2 and SSE3 so that's all you really need for a successful install.

I used this guide from the Tony Mac forums (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/...c-os-x-on.html), had to run MultiBeast first and then the default Snow Leopard installation discs, swapping them several times throughout the process. Once installing you have to replace a few kext files and install the boot loader and it is usually good to go.

(Also, Snow Leopard IMO is a lot better than Lion so it's perfectly fine just to stick with that for now if you get it working).
    Alright, thanks man, iBoot looks pretty useful so I'll be sure to get that. Thanks for the help, if this guide fails me I'll be sure to check out yours. It's good to hear my processor should make it, I know AMD is hell with Hackintosh but seeing as I have no job I can't really afford to get a new Intel CPU (as I'd have to buy a new motherboard too). Again thanks I'll report back when I'm finished, hopefully on my new Hackintosh

Alright, thanks man, iBoot looks pretty useful so I'll be sure to get that. Thanks for the help, if this guide fails me I'll be sure to check out yours. It's good to hear my processor should make it, I know AMD is hell with Hackintosh but seeing as I have no job I can't really afford to get a new Intel CPU (as I'd have to buy a new motherboard too). Again thanks I'll report back when I'm finished, hopefully on my new Hackintosh
    They are pretty awesome. Missing some of the features Win7 but they also have a lot of new features. I love the speed and ability to access things much quicker through the way everything is setup. If you need further assistance, you can get on Steam yo.

Any car enthusiasts here? I was thinking of making a thread, but if nobody is interested then there wouldn't be much of a point.

Any car enthusiasts here? I was thinking of making a thread, but if nobody is interested then there wouldn't be much of a point.
    My goal in life is to own this.
    Does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mub View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that patrick has no eyes

only sunglasses

I think a general car thread wouldn't hurt.

Easter is coming... chocolates <3

More boxes: Click here for Portfolio | Xbox Live - Steam - PSN ID: AlexHidanBR