$show[vbsec2]

Thread: Box Art Tutorials

Default Box Art Tutorials

Last edited by Reed; 02-07-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Nice, and thanks for using my two tutorials. I'll definitely have to update my Paint.NET 3D tutorial as I've got some much better methods that give superior results.

Edit: Also for those of you that don't use Photoshop or don't ahve a means of getting it, there are several great programs outlined in this thread: http://vgboxart.com/forums/showthrea...ed-and-unmanly
    Last edited by Spiderpig24; 02-10-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Help.

I don't know if this is the right thread to comment it, but can someone help me how to do a book art? I'm planning to do one.

Please leave a comment or favorite...or both!

Are there any tutorial on how you can make Blu-Ray and DVD Covers in Gimp, MS Paint, and Paint.net?

Also, are there any gimp game boxart tutorials?

I need a Tutorial on how to make a printable copy of you're boxes.

You can't, you can only print the ones where the author of the box has uploaded a printable version.

I know, I mean a printable one for MY box, like how to make it in like paint.net.

Well you take your 2D cover and use a program like CoverXP to print them out.

Default tutorial!!!

Does anybody tutorial on CD DVD Label Maker???It is very necessary! thanks for the reply

Can you make a box on this site if you are using a iPad?

That can be very helpful.
    Many thanks.

Can someone give me a tutorial to make slanted boxes with backgrounds. Or is it one of the ones already in the list. I see most boxes are slanted sort of on display while mine are just boring old flat horizontal boxes. I would really appreciate some help. Thx
    Last edited by HyperBoy Prime; 07-29-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperBoy Prime View Post
    Can someone give me a tutorial to make slanted boxes with backgrounds. Or is it one of the ones already in the list. I see most boxes are slanted sort of on display while mine are just boring old flat horizontal boxes. I would really appreciate some help. Thx
    What do you mean? Could you give an example?

I think he means a 3D presentation, you can use the links under 'Presentation' in the OP
    Last edited by Synthesis; 07-29-2014 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperBoy Prime View Post
    I know this thread on NeoGaf provides action-script files for Photoshop, that does it once you set it up right (instructions are in the downloads depending on for what system). Make sure to give credit if you use any of these. However, it's not difficult to "slant" your work and create a 3D dimensional preview if you use the skew tool. Just find the plastic case, which you can find resources on this site and fit it to the case, matching the angles using the skew tool.

There is also this tutorial, using the program Pixelmator. And this one, for Photoshop. Honestly, it's not difficult to find a tutorial or directions of some kind if you just use the right keywords.

Yes I meant presentation, Thx I didn't understand what to call it but I found it now

Awesome, thanks Reed. This is great for newbies like me. Has this list been updated lately at all?