super-mega-hyper-sonic -VS- Ronthis the Werewolf | WINNER: Ronthis the Werewolf
- It's a marked improvement on the original, with better typography, a fresher layout and overall, it's much more pleasing to the eye than the bland original.
-The art is more high quality than the original, with a clean, smooth aesthetic.
- It's simple, but the text is rather large and kind of draws your eye, which is not a good thing. Presentation is meant as a background, but the text is bold and brash, detracting from the clean, simple box art.
- His design stays true to the original, using the exact same (but cleaned up) render as the original too. It's essentially a smoother, cleaner, more high quality version of the original and doesn't really try anything outside the box.
- The flood of LBP boxes means it's difficult to be unique or creative with them anymore, but still, this is pretty generic. It's also too plain, he could have added some more in, whilst still being true to the original. The tagline is also kind of unattractive. It's clean though, and looks nice overall.
- This box is definitely an improvement over the original, and still managed keep a similar design.
- Some of the art used is pretty low-quality and blurry, which really hurts the overall appearance of the box.
- The presentation is simple and nice, which I'm a big fan of. However, the white words are distracting and take away from the actual boxart.
- The design is pretty solid, but has it's flaws. The back layout could be improved, and I feel like the whole box looks somewhat rushed.
- Overall it's a pretty good box, but it has a lot of small flaws (same paint-splatter brush used of the front and back, the legal text on the back goes from black to white rather abruptly, there are no ESRB reasons on the back, etc.).
-Your box is an improvement over the original for several reasons. I feel that you better showed the creativity of the game, and also included a more varied colour scheme. However, changing the layout a bit more would have benefited you, as right now it looks slightly amateur.
- The art used is of a consistent quality, however there are still some things that are a bit blurry, one of which is the cardboard. Also, the legal information seems to be fairly low quality.
- The box could have been presented in a much better way. It seems that you were going for a simple look, however it comes off as a bit too boring, and it doesn’t really complement or enhance the box. Also, the large text in all of the corners seems to pull me away and distract me from the boxart.
- The design of the box is good, and strays just enough to make some improvements over the original yet still stay true to the original design. However, I feel that the space on the back could have been better used, because as of now the text and screenshots are way too big, and if they were smaller you would be able to create a more appealing design. Also, I think that if the cardboard was in the opposite places on both the front and back, that is, the cardboard at the top on the front and at the bottom on the back, the design would be a lot better.
- With some improvements, this box would be a lot better. Using my comments about the back and front designs, I think you will be able to create a more appealing design.
Ronthis the Werewolf
- Again, definitely an improvement. The more vibrant colour scheme immediately stands out, plus the more organized composition.
- Great quality, renders are all smooth and there is no blurriness.
- Bland presentation that adds nothing to the box. As it doesn't share the same colour scheme as the box, this makes it more noticeable, and considering it's lack of any interest, it should be firmly in the background.
- Again, basically a touched up version of the original. This time though, the colours are more substantial, there is more change which in turn makes the newer one a higher quality product. It's still similar, but there is more added to it than SMHS's.
- Does a nice job of being definitely a new version of the original, whilst improving almost every aspect.
- This box is a big improvement over the original, though that's not much of a challenge.
- The art all seems pretty high-quality. Or, at least, none of it is noticeably low-quality.
- The presentation is simple and pretty standard. It neither takes away from or adds to the boxart. Definitely not a bad thing, though.
- Nothing too special to this design, but it keeps a nice similarity to the original and takes it a step up.
- A pretty solid box overall. The back seems a bit too crammed together, and looks somewhat empty. I know the original didn't give much to work with, though.
- Your box is definitely better than the original. Your new colour scheme better matches the game, and also brings vibrancy to the box. However, there are some layout choices that could have been made to make your box even better, which you can read about in the Design section of the comments.
- The art seems to be of a fairly good quality, however there is some issues with the legal information and also one of the renders.
- For me, the presentation neither adds or detracts from the box, it is just there. It doesn’t really do anything. It’s good that it doesn’t distract you from the box, however, it doesn’t complement it either.
- Although your design is much better than the original, it is also quite different on the back, and couldn’t really be recognised as being a remake, apart from the tagline and the render of the Prince. As for your design itself, there are some issues. On the front, I think having the two characters centred would have benefited the box. For the back, the screenshots could have been better placed beneath the text, with the tagline being bigger up the top.
-Your box definitely has potential, and with the improvements I mentioned, it could end up really good. The only thing really letting it down was some layout choices.