VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: Clannad [NV]

Default Clannad [NV]

Well, this is my first box since Aug 2010. And btw, I suck at boxarts, so please tell me what I'm doing wrong haha.

I'm having problems with the front logo placement and back screenshot placement. Also, the borders on the pink rectangle on the back. I was discussing this with Spiderpig and he said I should make my own border out of the petals taken from the trees on the front, however that seems really hard so I may reconsider. Any suggestions?

Beneath the seas I searched / And had a different view
    Of us on earth / The sinking ship of men

Clannad has what I'd consider an "official" logo, yes? I'd recommend using it over what you have now. Perhaps you could place it on the left side of Nagisa, and implement a shadow below it, skewed along the street so that appears to be part of the image rather than simply pasted over top of it?

Quote Originally Posted by sd1833 View Post
    Clannad has what I'd consider an "official" logo, yes? I'd recommend using it over what you have now. Perhaps you could place it on the left side of Nagisa, and implement a shadow below it, skewed along the street so that appears to be part of the image rather than simply pasted over top of it?
    Yeah, I believe there's an official logo out there. That sounds like a great idea, thanks, I'll go try it right now.

I suggest you make the logo a tad bigger and put it a tiny bit behind the girl on the front. As for the pink rectangle on the back, try centering the text vertically, and then making the top and bottom of the rectangle fade out.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd.

Okay, I just spent the last 30 mins making a fully handmade vector out of the official logo. The problem with it is it's a little too thin IMO and I don't know how to make it bolder. Also, how should I go about making the shadow for it?

I think the logo looks nice actually...might put a slight drop shadow under it though. Box is shaping up nicely, but I may think that the glow effect is a tad too strong on the front.
    bless you with this DOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I think the logo looks nice actually...might put a slight drop shadow under it though. Box is shaping up nicely, but I may think that the glow effect is a tad too strong on the front.
    Mmkay, I'll put a drop shadow. I agree myself actually, I'll reduce the glow on the front.