Thanks for updating the site, Reed. Looks absolutely great.
Originally Posted by Karma
Looks great. One thing: you need to add a HOF symbol to thumbnails.
Looks awesome! thanks for the update!
Loving the update, but there are a few things missing at the moment that I don't see in the to do list:
- The "Related Boxes" section seems to be gone, but it was in the teaser screen you posted. Is there a reason for it being missing?
- Comments. Comments. Without latest comments on the main page it's just not as functional as the previous version of the site, no matter how much more this one adds. If you don't want it visible on the main page, just hide it like you did "Popular boxes". Why don't you just have 2 buttons on the main page, where you can switch between "Recently uploaded" and "Recently commented"? It could be in a similar fashion to how you did "Latest" and "Popular" when you go to the games, movies, or music pages.
- A Hall of Fame medal or something on the box thumbnail like there was on the old site, so you can distinguish them from the rest.
Edit: It seems I don't have to edit my theme any so that's a plus, but I do love the simplistic look you have given it.
Last edited by Spiderpig24; 01-09-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Originally Posted by Mub
Man yor site is incredibly sexy,I love it
I can't find box art update option probably it's gone !
I love it, I especially love the Designer section. Not sure if this was there before or not, but I also like how you can switch the box-art's on the bottom to either Latest or Top.
Fantastic job, Reed. I'm very pleased with it and excited to get a new box uploaded. Thank you for doing this. I'm sure it was primarily in your best interest, in order to revitalize the website and potentially bring in more money, but it's also a huge favor to all of us, and even though I'm seeing a lot of critiques, I think it's safe to say that we're all very appreciative of the update.
I'm a little bummed that the latest forum activity isn't on the main page and that the lists of people who favorited a box isn't present, but both of those things add clutter to a spatially minimal design, so I understand their absence.
I personally got almost everything I asked for:
Fixed thumbnail clickability: Check.
Thumbnails open to .jpg not .html: Check.
New comment hierarchy system: Check.
Sorting boxes into folders/categories: No such luck, but I'll live.
Three out of four definitely ain't bad. Thanks again, Reed. Super stoked.
Awesome! Just uploaded a new box for the new site.
A couple of other things are missing:
The boxart thumbnails, it doesn't say who posted it and when,
And the "latest from favourite author" is gone.
I hope these are put back into the design as these were quite useful.
EDIT: What's the difference between a member and a designer. Is a designer someone who posts a boxart?
Very awesome. Maybe you could sort the most populare boxarts by Favs instead of Views? Most of the "Most Popular" boxarts are pretty crappy.
My only concerns are:
- There needs to be functions to update your box and add a printable.
- I would like to see who favorited my box, especially since most don't leave a comment, so I'm left unsure.
- The resources section needs to be added back to the site.
- A notifcation system is a necessity.
Last edited by Daemon; 01-09-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Some of my concerns were already posted by others so i won't echo them here, but overall you did a great job.
In fact i'm feeling inspired to design a new box. ^_^)d
After looking at the "Popular" boxes, I do agree with amad2. The majority of them are awful, yet they have hundreds of thousands of views. Sorting these from top favorited instead of top viewed should fix this, as currently it's not a good way to represent the better boxes on the site.
Originally Posted by Mub
Pretty sweet. My only issue is how difficult it is to use on mobile. The drop down menu often glitches into the Ad so I end up going to that page instead, but it's still awesome
Very awesome reed! Do you have any plans on updating the forum and adding the forum to the bottom of the main site again?
I've just been looking at the 'most popular' section of the site, 3 of my boxes have in excess of 2000 views yet they are not displayed on the said most popular section. Ideas?
Great job overall, although I do miss the resources section, and being able to see who favourited which box.
I just saw that 3/4 of these are on your to-do list. Never mind. :P
Originally Posted by Daemon
But yeah, the number of comments next to the number of views and faves would be really helpful.
Very nice. I'll be spending a lot of today playing around with it and try to get my bearings.