VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

No, it was originally going to be between MGS2 and MGS4. Then, when Kojima canceled it and Platinum Games picked it up, they changed the setting to after MGS4. That way, they can expand the story more.

Quote Originally Posted by RAiDeN-209 View Post
    No, it was originally going to be between MGS2 and MGS4. Then, when Kojima canceled it and Platinum Games picked it up, they changed the setting to after MGS4. That way, they can expand the story more.
    Ahh, I wasn't very updated with all the changes that was made to it haha.

Giving Christina Puccelli and John Cygan's involvement (see here) it's a good bet they'll include flashbacks to those memories. Hopefully make them playable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ienzo View Post
    Ahh, I wasn't very updated with all the changes that was made to it haha.
    I don't blame you. From what I've seen, they changed just about everything except for the fact that you use a sword.

Last Video.

Binary code at the end is "E3".

Konami announced that there will be a playable demo at E3, and they even released the start menu.

Still can't get over that name.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Still can't get over that name.
    Yeah, I don't know why they couldn't have just made it Metal Gear Rising... the Revengeance seems so unnecessary.

I still think this doesn't count as a Metal Gear game.

I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by mchapra View Post
    I still think this doesn't count as a Metal Gear game.
    I agree, its just that he still is a character from the MGS series.

This trailer gets me quite excited

I'm still not fully convinced for it. I've never been one for full out action hack n' slash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastart View Post
    This trailer gets me quite excited

It sounds odd, but I find the violence a little excessive. I mean, it's not God of War.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieDeadpool8 View Post
    It sounds odd, but I find the violence a little excessive. I mean, it's not God of War.
    I know what you mean, Metal Gear has always had an underlying pacifism theme, shown in both the gameplay and in the story. This just seems like it's off on another tangent. It doesn't have a Metal Gear vibe.

I do think the game looks good though, for what it's worth. I believe it'll be a solid (teehee), fun game. I just don't feel it's done enough to even pay homage to the Metal Gear of old.

I also feel a bit hypocritical that I'm optimistic about this and really despise DmC, which has done essentially the same thing. I'm sorry I brought it up again.

I mean, it's not God of War.
    Meaning..what exactly? You lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentLampshade View Post
    I know what you mean, Metal Gear has always had an underlying pacifism theme, shown in both the gameplay and in the story. This just seems like it's off on another tangent. It doesn't have a Metal Gear vibe.

I do think the game looks good though, for what it's worth. I believe it'll be a solid (teehee), fun game. I just don't feel it's done enough to even pay homage to the Metal Gear of old.

I also feel a bit hypocritical that I'm optimistic about this and really despise DmC, which has done essentially the same thing. I'm sorry I brought it up again.
    At least DMC was hack and slash in the beginning. This just drop kicks everything that has come before it in the face , in fact the only vaguely metal gear thing I saw in that trailer was the Geckkos.
    EDIT- Wow, I just realised your sig is animated, that's cool man, and topically relevant at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Throavium View Post
    Meaning..what exactly? You lost me.
    I mean it's not based on God of War, it's Metal Gear solid, it veers completely away from the source material, to put it that way.

I mean it's not based on God of War, it's Metal Gear solid, it veers completely away from the source material, to put it that way.
    Ah, I got you, yeah.

They changed name from Solid to Rising, but I don't think that alone is enough for most people. Even for me the Metal Gear in the title is a bit off putting. I agree that it wouldn't hurt to change the title.

I'm not even sure if I'll pick this up, it's just way too...slashy? I'm not even sure, I'm just used to sneaking around corridors and using stealth to take down enemies, not hacking and slashing my way through enemies. I'm not saying this is going to be a bad game, but I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to be picking this up in the near future. Even if it wasn't a Metal Gear game, I'm not a very big fan of hack and slashes.

EDIT: Is there a release date yet?
    Last edited by Luigi53; 06-01-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi53 View Post
    I'm not even sure if I'll pick this up, it's just way too...slashy? I'm not even sure, I'm just used to sneaking around corridors and using stealth to take down enemies, not hacking and slashing my way through enemies. I'm not saying this is going to be a bad game, but I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to be picking this up in the near future.
    It seems like you're not planning on playing the game because of the name rather than the game itself? What if it was called something other than Metal Gear?