VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Thread: N64 texture packs

Default N64 texture packs

Not sure if this deserves its own topic, but I thought that the people who don't know about this would think it's pretty cool. I've been using these for a while ... but let's not get into how to use them and all that stuff. Any talk about roms or emulators isn't allowed. I thought it'd just be better to post pics and talk about how awesome some of them are. Feel free to post pics and whatever you want as well, as long as we don't get carried away and start teaching people how to use them and stuff :P

Basically, these are N64 games with custom-made texture packs by fans. So, it replaces every texture with a different one. There are high-res texture packs, funny texture packs, and plain ugly texture packs, but here are some of my favorite:

Cel-shaded-ish Ocarina of Time:

High-res textures Ocarina of time:

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year-Door style Paper Mario:

Classic Super Mario 64:

There's a whooole bunch more. You guys can look em up on Google and Google Images and YouTube and stuff.

Yeah, I've seen these before. There's also another one that switches Super Mario 64 with the castle into the mansion from Luigi's Mansion and Mario into Lugi.

I actually have the Zelda thing.

I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr

I love the Paper Mario one =]

I'm plannin to make my own. Anyone wanna help out or got any ideas?

I recently did a playthrough of OOT on cel shaded. Grand fun.

These really do make a nice difference, thanks a lot Dark Scyth. Working very nice here and a much welcome improvement I had no idea was even possible until you posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Flames View Post
    I have a question with downloading texture packs. I have a working emulator and rom, but when I try to download a texture pack nothing changes. On my old laptop, if I downloaded a texture, it would go straight to the rom. Do any of you know how to get a texture on a rom correctly? I'm trying to get a high res texture pack on my Paper Mario.
    This is how you add them to Project 64 (From TechArena):

- To proceed you need the plugin "RiceVideo.dll"
    Put it in the directory "Project64 \ Plugin".

- Then you need the files "BMGlib.dll" and "MSVCP71.DLL.
    Put it in the directory "Project64".

- Run Project64 .. Select the video plugin "RiceVideo" .. In options you need to check "Load Hi-res textures if available"

- Download the High Resolution Textures

- Unzip into the "Project64\Plugin\hires_texture\The Legend of Zelda" directory (it is important to create the folder "The Legend of Zelda" or the folder with the game for which you are installing the textures)
    Or this:

-Download the file (BMGlib.dll) and put it in the root directory of Project 64

-Download the high-resolution textures and put the decompressed file in the folder plugin, for which the path is here [Directory Project 64]/Plugin/ hires_texture/The Legend of Zelda /

-Start Project 64, then go to Options> Settings ... and select Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 in Video Plugin, or Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 Debug it if not.

-Then go to Options> Configure plugin video ..., and the Texture Filter tab, check Load hi-res textures if available.
    Link to BMGlib.dll: http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.ph...chmentid=22952
    Tutorial: http://www.ehow.com/how_7282294_rete...-mario-64.html
    Last edited by Spiderpig24; 02-12-2011 at 04:23 PM.