VGBA is meant to be a friendly, welcoming and helpful community. If you keep this in mind, you'll do great!
The following rules are in place to help keep things on track. Breaking any of these will result in a temp ban at the very least. Continued offenses will turn into a permanent ban, so please pay attention and read on...
1) First and foremost, comments are meant to be helpful or encouraging. You MUST be constructive. Offer suggestions or advice to other users. Comments like, "this sucks" or "uh, no" are not useful and are just mean. The site must have a friendly and helpful atmosphere. Who knows, maybe the newcomer who posted what you feel is a terrible box will end up being one of the best contributors to the site.
For more on how to critique, please read this post by Crotale.
2) No attacks, no fighting. It doesn't matter which side you are on. Just let it go.
3) Do not feed the trolls. Also please do not reply to spammers. It just adds more work for moderators. Simply report those posts.
4) Keep your language tame. This is a site for all ages.
5) Do not ban dodge. If you get banned, just take a break. If you are caught creating alternate accounts, those will be perm banned, and your original account may be as well. At the very least, it will earn you a longer ban than you originally had. It's not worth it. Really.
Last edited by Reed; 03-13-2012 at 10:19 AM.