VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick and easy way to kill a dog

What are you on?

A bullet probably would be quickest, but the slitting of the throat is fairly quick. I've done it to birds, several times. You'll want to hang it upside down first, otherwise the blood won't drain out. At least in birds, once the blood goes to the head, it stops moving until you slit the throat, and then it will thrash around a bit, as the brain gives off a last bit of energy to the body, but the blood will drain fairly quickly as long as it is upside down. Might want to stand back, though, it can be messy at times. And as for those of you saying that this is inhumane, you do realize that this is how all Kosher meat is prepared, right? Yeah, you'll get a lot of people complaining, but I've gotta agree with you, it does seem outrageous to pay the $113. Never seen it done on anything bigger than a bird, but I assume that it's the same type of process.

Fuck man, this is just plain sick. I hope you fucking see this dog's face eveyday you wake up from now and realize that you put and end to a life that was not yours to end. Who gave you the authority to do this? YOUR PARENTS? They don't have the right to give you the right! This is just messed up, and I hope you feel guilty as hell after this.

Sorry for the swearing LK, but I had to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by KoopaDasher View Post
    A bullet probably would be quickest, but the slitting of the throat is fairly quick. I've done it to birds, several times. You'll want to hang it upside down first, otherwise the blood won't drain out. At least in birds, once the blood goes to the head, it stops moving until you slit the throat, and then it will thrash around a bit, as the brain gives off a last bit of energy to the body, but the blood will drain fairly quickly as long as it is upside down. Might want to stand back, though, it can be messy at times. And as for those of you saying that this is inhumane, you do realize that this is how all Kosher meat is prepared, right? Yeah, you'll get a lot of people complaining, but I've gotta agree with you, it does seem outrageous to pay the $113. Never seen it done on anything bigger than a bird, but I assume that it's the same type of process.
    I do not like you.

I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr

rant
    Ok, why would you do that to birds?

Quote Originally Posted by afifan000 View Post
    Fuck man, this is just plain sick. I hope you fucking see this dog's face eveyday you wake up from now and realize that you put and end to a life that was not yours to end. Who gave you the authority to do this? YOUR PARENTS? They don't have the right to give you the right! This is just messed up, and I hope you feel guilty as hell after this.

Sorry for the swearing LK, but I had to vent!
    It's a DOG. Am I missing something here? It's an effing dog, not his grandmother... you're doing more damage to the animal population every time you eat a hamburger... the dog's already in pain, probably wants to die anyway. He's doing it a favor. I don't see how killing it in a gas chamber with vet supervision is any more humane than killing it with a bullet. People fly off the handle when someone wants to put their cancer-ridden dog to sleep but no one cares when a drunk driver kills a woman in her baby... talk about priorities. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by afifan000 View Post
    Ok, why would you do that to birds?
    It's called food. You know, you get the same thing when you go to Chik Fil A.

Thank you, its good to see someone who knows where im coming from. And yes, i knocked it out first, and hung it on the edge of a hole i dug to let the blood drain, it all went quite smoothly.

It's a DOG. Am I missing something here? It's an effing dog, not his grandmother... you're doing more damage to the animal population every time you eat a hamburger... the dog's already in pain, probably wants to die anyway. He's doing it a favor. I don't see how killing it in a gas chamber with vet supervision is any more humane than killing it with a bullet. People fly off the handle when someone wants to put their cancer-ridden dog to sleep but no one cares when a drunk driver kills a woman in her baby... talk about priorities. Geez.
    I love you.

It's still a living thing.

I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by mchapra View Post
    So are bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by del337er View Post
    Thank you, its good to see someone who knows where im coming from. And yes, i knocked it out first, and hung it on the edge of a hole i dug to let the blood drain, it all went quite smoothly.
    Sounds like it went smoothly then, good idea with the hole, I would not have thought of that. We typically use a tree. Good to see you knocked it out first.

Quote Originally Posted by mchapra View Post
    So is the swine flu, but no one wasted any time figuring out how to wipe it off the map.

A bullet to the head would have been better then cuting the throat. And don't say the dog would have wanted it. You have no clue what that dog wanted. What you did seemed kinda barbaric.
    Last edited by SilentMan101; 03-14-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentMan101 View Post
    A bullet to the head would have been better then cuting the throat. And don't say the dog would have wanted it. You have no clue what that dog wanted.
    As soon as I saw your post, Bullet in the Head by RATM has been stuck in my head x_x

Animals that are ill/old will often eventually try to starve themselves or leave to die alone. Letting the animal suffer is worse, in my opinion. Euthanising the animal is often the best way of letting it go as quickly and painlessly as possible, be that at a vets, with a blade or a gun.

I must say, you all seem to have a much higher opinion of the sanctity of life than I do. Humans and animals have been killing each other since the beginning of time, and unless every one of you is a strict vegan, you've eaten an animal or animal product most likely made from an animal that has been treated inhumanely at some point in its life. After all, even if it's killed humanely, it was still bred for the sole purpose of being on your dinner plate. Just some food for thought. Pun intended.

Haha wow that's messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeseye View Post
    As soon as I saw your post, Bullet in the Head by RATM has been stuck in my head x_x

Animals that are ill/old will often eventually try to starve themselves or leave to die alone. Letting the animal suffer is worse, in my opinion. Euthanising the animal is often the best way of letting it go as quickly and painlessly as possible, be that at a vets, with a blade or a gun.
    Exactly, thank you, and actually i got that same song stuck in my head

I must say, you all seem to have a much higher opinion of the sanctity of life than I do. Humans and animals have been killing each other since the beginning of time, and unless every one of you is a strict vegan, you've eaten an animal or animal product most likely made from an animal that has been treated inhumanely at some point in its life. After all, even if it's killed humanely, it was still bred for the sole purpose of being on your dinner plate. Just some food for thought. Pun intended.
    You know, everytime I eat meat I do truely feel bad for doing it. And after reading through all these post I think im going to have to change my life style. What he did do his dog was more or less animal cruelty. If he were to let the dog die by its self that would have been the natural way of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentMan101 View Post
    You know, everytime I eat meat I do truely feel bad for doing it. And after reading through all these post I think im going to have to change my life style. What he did do his dog was more or less animal cruelty. If he were to let the dog die by its self that would have been the natural way of doing it.
    Ah yes, because letting the animal die slowly and painfully as cancer ate away its insides, until it was in so much pain that it starved itself to death just to feel the cold embrace of the Dark Man... that's the humane way, right? That's how God wanted it.

Bullshit. He did the right thing. Just think of it as euthanasia. If you met a woman on the street who had been tested positive for cancer and knew she would die any time in the next month, that there was no hope, and wanted to choose her death before cancer made it painful, not one of you would have asked her to remain on the street until she died because it was the natural way.

People fly off the handle when someone wants to put their cancer-ridden dog to sleep but no one cares when a drunk driver kills a woman in her baby... talk about priorities. Geez.
    The thing that bothers me is the fact that he made a thread asking how to actually kill the poor thing, something I find to be tasteless and inappropriate, whatever the reasons for this may be. He is interacting with us about what he is going to do which makes it so much more real than if you read in the paper about a drunk driver who kills someone. I don't really think that this is something you should casually post about in a video game-forum and expect to get the answers you are looking for.

It's called food. You know, you get the same thing when you go to Chik Fil A.
    Oh, I"m sorry for te misunderstanding. I don't ordinarily hang birds upside down and slit their throats for a quick snack.

It's a DOG.
    Exactly. It's a living thing like you and me, and doesn't deserve to die by a knife to a throat.

I don't see how killing it in a gas chamber with vet supervision is any more humane than killing it with a bullet
    But he ISN'T going to kill it with a bullet. He's slitting it's throat. You need to understand that slitting something's throat is totally different than killing it with a bullet. Something could easily go wrong and it could put the dog in more pain than it was in before. But I guess that wouldn't matter since it's going to die anyway, right? Becuase if you had cancer and was about to die, you would want someone to just slit your throat, right?

People fly off the handle when someone wants to put their cancer-ridden dog to sleep but no one cares when a drunk driver kills a woman in her baby
    This is the dumbest post in the thread, and probably one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on the site.