VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 104 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94100101102103104105106107108 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3613

Thread: Last movie you saw + rating

The Avengers (I will never call it "Avengers Assemble") - All the yes's in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentLampshade View Post
    The Avengers (I will never call it "Avengers Assemble") - All the yes's in the world.
    Agreed.

Avengers. Hell Yes/10

Funny, thrilling and just downright amazing. The cast worked amazingly well together and each hero was equally presented. Everything about it was perfect. Bring on Thor 2, Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2!

Am I the only one who isn't excited for the avengers?

It can't be that good.

I'm gonna test this: Wasa-bi.
    Profile | Steam | Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by mchapra View Post
    It can't be that good.
    Pretty much this. It looks good but not that good.

Oh it is THAT good

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Pretty much this. It looks good but not that good.
    Honestly, it is the ultimate Marvel movie. Completely faultless, exciting, and I am so stoked for the sequel.

Thanos!
    Did you see him after the credits?

Quote Originally Posted by BacKin5Minutes View Post
    Thanos!
    Did you see him after the credits?
    Spoilers much?
    Yeah I did, it pretty much explains why the film makers showed off a model of the Infinity Gauntlet months ago alongside other props.
    I'm hugely excited for the possibilities.

Peep Show - Season 7

Such a good show, I highly recommend it.

Just finished watching the Avengers and I must say it is a good 9.5/10. Very good movie. The action lived up to the hype. I must say that I feel that The Amazing Spider-Man will be better though, same with The Dark Knight Rises.

Titanic 3D - 8/10

Oh my gosh the nostalgia.
    a la cho

Heroes: Season 4 - 4/5

Nice. Season 3 was a disaster in every single way, but Season 4 actually managed to re-capture most of the Season 1 magic. Love the new characters (especially since I'm a fan of Robert Knepper) and the storyline was actually comprehensible without twenty different retarded side stories.

Revenge (TV Show) - 5/5

Completely hooked on this.

Avengers 3D - kickass/10

It was awesome.
    a la cho

The Rite - 9/10
    Extremely gripping movie that had me glued to the screen. Brilliantly acting and storyline.

The Adventures if Tintin -8/10
    Amazingly awesome, realistic animations and backed up by a good storyline and voice acting.

The Avengers

Went in a little sour because of the trailers but boy was I surprised. Seriously the most entertained I've ever been in a theater. The movie is pure fun and probably the best comic book movie I've seen (yes, better than The Dark Knight). Joss Whedon is such a talented dialogue writer and the film rides his wit throughout; quotables and one-liners abound.

Go see this. Maximum Rating / Maximum Rating

The Avengers

Well, as much as I was expecting it to be a little off due to the amount of characters it had in it, and expecting little development for all characters, I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Each character gets their due and the amount of characters, well, it's not as packed as one would originally think as they mesh together so damn well. Mark Ruffalo is the only actor in the film not to portray a Marvel character before the Avengers movie, it was amazing to see how well he fit in with everyone else, who had already played their characters once, or twice already.

The movie has some laughable moments that made my cinema erupt with joy. Such as the Hulk SMASH and the Hulk TROLL thing, can't say what happened as I don't want to spoil it but the Hulk was so damn funny in a few instances in this breathtaking movie. The action was phenomenal and the storyline was superb.

However, there is 1 thing that keeps me from giving this movie a perfect 10/10, and that's the beacon. I've seen it before, in Transformers Dark of the Moon where the pillar opens a gateway to Cybertron, it's the same premise here and as a result I have to deduct points for it blatantly ripping from TF3.

Not that it's going to get a bad rating, it's by far the greatest superhero movie ever made, destroys The Dark Knight in so many ways. I doubt Spider-Man will be able to match this movie and TDKR might have a tough time too.

All in all, with its 1 flaw/rip from another movie, it's a fantastic action packed superhero adventure with outstanding visuals, great character development and a brilliant story.

The Avengers: 9.4/10
    I don't need an Avatar. My name is infamous.

Avengers- infinity/10
    Was freaking fantastic, and I freaked the hell out when I saw Thanos.

PORTFOLIO ~ PSN: darthnater10

I went into the showing of The Avengers not expecting it to live up to the praise that's been lavished upon it. I was wrong, though, and was very impressed. The plot was fairly generic but made enjoyable by the excellently cast team of heroes. Ruffalo fit in perfectly despite this being his first time playing the role of Banner, and I foresee him doing well in future Hulk films as well as the inevitable Avengers sequel.

If there's one issue I had with the film, it's that there was too much humor which undercut some of the more serious scenes and made them difficult to take seriously. I understand it's still a Marvel superhero film, and it's Joss Whedon, but it should have been dialed back a notch or two.
    Last edited by Pleiades; 05-07-2012 at 09:40 PM.

The Avengers - 19/10