VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man 3 actor found dead

Default Spider-Man 3 actor found dead

Man I was ust watching this movie the other day.

Reuters reports that British actress Lucy Gordon, who played reporter Jennifer Dugan in Spider-Man 3, has been found dead after apparently committing suicide.

She was found in her flat in the 10th arrondissement of Paris on Wednesday, two days before her 29th birthday.

"We confirm the death of Lucy Gordon in an apparent suicide," police said.

Media reported she had hanged herself.

Oh, man... that's horrible. I thought that would be the worst news I'd read today...

then I read this.

Quote Originally Posted by jevangod View Post
    Man I was ust watching this movie the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    Oh, man... that's horrible. I thought that would be the worst news I'd read today...

then I read this.
    dude thats harsh

anyway, whats to say suicide! could have been choked then hung to make it seem like that!

Y'know its weird, you never expect to hear a celeb has died, and when they do, the world goes crazy!

and the title should be

Spider-Man 3 Actress Found dead

then I read this.
    Wow, I have to admit that made me lol.

Oh, another actor/ress is dead, R.I.P whoever you were.

Although this is terrible news, did this really need it's own thread?
    She played a very little part in Spider-Man 3 and tbh, I haven't heard of any other movies she has been in.

And like Roza correctly pointed out, she was Actress and not an Actor.
    "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post
    She played a very little part in Spider-Man 3 and tbh, I haven't heard of any other movies she has been in.

Actually, women are actors and well, you can call them either.
    ~ Creator of the great "Hacking Thread".

I know some people are going to make a joke that links her death to the lack of quality in Spider Man 3...

Quote Originally Posted by E_G View Post
    I know some people are going to make a joke that links her death to the lack of quality in Spider Man 3...
    Uhh i was thinking about it, but i'll leave a joke go because i respect for the dead, and that goes before making stupid jokes, to me that is. Rest in Peace.
    Last edited by Scorpion Soldier; 05-22-2009 at 02:00 PM.

When I first read the news, I thought it was like, you know, someone important, but man, thats harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat_the_vampire View Post
    When I first read the news, I thought it was like, you know, someone important, but man, thats harsh.
    In terms of the actual Spider-Man 3 movie, it wasn't anyone important.
    I'm sure the fourth and fifth Spider-Man films will be able to cope without her.

Still, R.I.P
    "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

I know someone dies everyday but nothing to make jokes about, RIP.
    Last edited by Lenny819; 05-22-2009 at 01:45 PM.

English lesson for our American friends:

Actress = female. Actor = male. Actor also = both
    Last edited by alldreamsfalldown; 05-22-2009 at 02:13 PM.

"Oh! Your incredible states has ignighted burning flowers in all of our skies".
    [PS1 Resource][Templates][Logo Collective][PSN: hotel2tango][Steam: alldreamsfalldown]

Quote Originally Posted by alldreamsfalldown View Post
    English lesson for our American friends:

Actress = female. Acter = male. Actor = both
    I dont think "Acter" is a word.

So that makes her a less important person? I'm sure if this was say, Al Pacino dying,you wouldn't have made a fuss. Is Al Pacino a better person than her?
    He maybe more famous and more people will care about his death but you should still have respect for the dead imo.
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy753 View Post
    So that makes her a less important person? I'm sure if this was say, Al Pacino dying,you wouldn't have made a fuss. Is Al Pacino a better person than her?
    He maybe more famous and more people will care about his death but you should still have respect for the dead imo.
    R.I.P.
    Your logic is wrong. This person dying is far less important than Al Pacino dying because he contributes more to the world of film and acting. Im not saying this woman wasn't an important person, of course she is to the people that knew her and liked her. But if you're comparing her to other well-known actors or actresses then yes, her death will have less significance on my life. To put it into another perspective, say if Barack Obama and some unknown, old man who appeared in a couple of crappy movies back in the 60s both died tomorrow. Would you say it wouldn't be right to make fuss about one but not the other because neither of them are less important to the world than the other one? I'm not saying Barack Obama is technically, a better person than the old man but whatever way you look at it, he is a more important person, more well-known and he would contribute ALOT more to the world than the old man if they were still alive.

Sure it is sad that this woman died and her and her family have my sympathies but who are you, Jack, to tell me that I "SHOULD" have respects for the dead?! In my opinion, respect has to be earned! She has done nothing to earn my respect unlike Al Pacino or Robert De Niro who have provided me many hours of entertainment and enjoyment throughout my life. And again, I'm not saying Al Pacino or Robert De Niro are better people or more important people than the woman who died, but what I am saying is that they are more important to ME and the world of film as a whole.

So yeah, please dont tell me who I should and shouldn't have respect for, thank you.
    Last edited by Cerium; 05-23-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Yeah, she might not have won any oscars or anything, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have respect for the dead. That's like saying "Your grandma died, but she's insignificant to me". Sure, that may be true, but you don't go around saying that because it makes you look like a titanic ass.

Yeah, she might not have won any oscars or anything, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have respect for the dead. That's like saying "Your grandma died, but she's insignificant to me". Sure, that may be true, but you don't go around saying that because it makes you look like a titanic ass.
    Thats 100% true. couldnt have said it better myself.

Wink

Like I said, respect should be earned.
    And if speaking my mind makes me seem like a "titanic ass" then so be it.
    And obviously if my friend's grandma died or something, it would be completly different to someone unknown dying.

Wall of text
    I do understand you, I just meant that this thread is entirely necessary imo.