$show[vbsec2]
Page 4040 of 4042 FirstFirst ... 304035403940399040304036403740384039404040414042 LastLast
Results 80,781 to 80,800 of 80828

Thread: {the official conversation thread}

  1. #80781
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic the Hedgehog View Post
    To be fair, that was before Smash 4 was even released, so the artwork was very limited.
    True, but they could've used a different HQ Mario, Samus, etc renders taken from other games. Didn't have to just be from Smash. There's plenty. Still an awesome box though

  2. #80782
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Dog house on Levin St.
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve8492 View Post
    True, but they could've used a different HQ Mario, Samus, etc renders taken from other games. Didn't have to just be from Smash. There's plenty. Still an awesome box though
    Conflicting art styles. But whatever it's a box from 5 years ago.
    All is cold and frozen. Frozen the sea. Frozen the sky.
    Frozen is death. But I cannot die.

  3. #80783
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Speaking of that, it's almost the six year anniversary of the last time I posted a box. Seeing as how we predicted the title, I finally posted a new box, and its a remake of that one!


  4. #80784
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    389

    Default

    So...is anyone going to take care of this Wolfenstein The Old troll or is he just gonna be allowed to do all the shit that he's doing? Especially the fav hack he did with the bots that gave his post hundreds of likes? I smell a ban baking that needs to be enforced

  5. #80785
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willo10 View Post
    Speaking of that, it's almost the six year anniversary of the last time I posted a box. Seeing as how we predicted the title, I finally posted a new box, and its a remake of that one!
    Yeah I saw that. beat me to the punch there lol

    ~ New content is coming soon. ~

  6. #80786
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve8492 View Post
    So...is anyone going to take care of this Wolfenstein The Old troll or is he just gonna be allowed to do all the shit that he's doing? Especially the fav hack he did with the bots that gave his post hundreds of likes? I smell a ban baking that needs to be enforced
    Exactly. Yeah, VGBA is pretty dead right now, but the only thing that's gonna change that is people actually posting rather than just saying they will. You also have the staff, who have apparently forgotten how to log in (or at least reply to messages in Reed's case.) There's Wolfenstein who is obviously a fucking troll but he posts the same shit constantly so it's essentially spam at this point, and he has over 300 favourites on one of his boxes because there are bots on the website.

    Seriously, Reed or whoever, you have to either do your bit as staff members or just hand the wheel over to someone who will. There will never be a community without a "leader", so any efforts people are currently trying to make are for nothing right now. It's a sad state of affairs, but I'm going to keep posting regardless - this place has been good to me, and I'd like to be good to it back.

  7. #80787
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    w h y
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    i mean tbf the copyright for VGBA is no longer valid so im p sure reed forgot about this site
    Places To Find Me
    [Steam] [Tumblr]

  8. #80788
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrownDesign View Post
    Seriously, Reed or whoever, you have to either do your bit as staff members or just hand the wheel over to someone who will. There will never be a community without a "leader", so any efforts people are currently trying to make are for nothing right now. It's a sad state of affairs, but I'm going to keep posting regardless - this place has been good to me, and I'd like to be good to it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat_the_vampire View Post
    i mean tbf the copyright for VGBA is no longer valid so im p sure reed forgot about this site
    Reed should hand over the site to someone who will actually care and maintain it and bring back mods who give a shit. It's ridiculous how this site went from prosperous and fun to being a wasteland for trolls and the few of us who still give a shit

  9. #80789
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Dog house on Levin St.
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrownDesign View Post
    but the only thing that's gonna change that is people actually posting rather than just saying they will.
    I don't know about you, but I have life to deal with, and even when I do have time to create covers, I don't exclusively focus on it unless I'm inspired. I would much rather create something how I want it to be made, then rush it out for an arbitrary demand that will likely not change anything in the long run.

    There will never be a community without a "leader", so any efforts people are currently trying to make are for nothing right now.
    This contradicts your previous statement.
    All is cold and frozen. Frozen the sea. Frozen the sky.
    Frozen is death. But I cannot die.

  10. #80790
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic the Hedgehog View Post
    I don't know about you, but I have life to deal with, and even when I do have time to create covers, I don't exclusively focus on it unless I'm inspired. I would much rather create something how I want it to be made, then rush it out for an arbitrary demand that will likely not change anything in the long run.
    Yes, Sonic, we're all aware that you have life to deal with. By the looks of things, you still haven't grown up since your last tantrum and you're still adding to the fucking problem than anything else, so, what's your point? All I suggested is that people stop whining about how dead the website is when they haven't posted for months and months. I wasn't suggesting people post mediocre garbage every day.

    This contradicts your previous statement.
    I'm not quite sure it does considering there are no active staff members right now, very little activity, people taking the piss constantly, making this place look like a joke, and adding more nails to the coffin each day. You didn't have that when Reed actually gave a fuck. Speaking of which Sonic, what makes you think anybody gives a fuck what you think? We know you're a closet paedophile and racist at this point - but nobody is allowed to tell you that your views are wrong because you'll get sad and tell everyone how depressed you are.

    Fuck up, man, seriously. We all have problems - you don't get special treatment, especially after the last time you insulted the fuck out of everybody on the forum essentially, past and present, gave a handful of half-arsed apologies, and it was actually me that gave you the benefit of the doubt. I was wrong to do that because, despite all the comments from people saying you constantly fall back into the same routine of "act like a cunt, pretend to apologise, rinse & repeat" I chose to see the positives.

    That was obviously a mistake. This forum is not going to get anywhere without fucking staff members. I tell you that for a fact, purely because there's shit that needs cleaning up that other people simply can't do. I've messaged Reed multiple times, but every time he just comes online and ignores my messages. When the captain of the ship doesn't give a fuck anymore, why should anyone else? 7th forum I've been on, and the 5th vBulletin one at that. None of them are alive anymore - because the owners stopped caring.

    Say what you want Sonic, or anyone for that matter, but try as we might to post quality work, give people feedback as best we can and potentially get the forums name back out there, none of it will actually change while the staff team are AWOL.

    Reed, if VGBA happens to cross your mind at any point over the next several months, then I hope you see what your website has become. Do the right thing - kill it or sell it.

  11. #80791
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrownDesign View Post
    We know you're a closet paedophile and racist
    wait what

  12. #80792
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by super-mega-hyper-sonic View Post
    wait what
    I guess you didn't see the artwork he posted that turned the holocaust into a joke and said little girls were sexy then..

  13. #80793
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrownDesign View Post
    I guess you didn't see the artwork he posted that turned the holocaust into a joke and said little girls were sexy then..
    That was pretty deranged lol in other news, I made a Straight Outta Compton parody that is in good taste

  14. #80794
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redgrave City
    Posts
    2,164

    Default

    It ain't VGBA without a little hosing.

  15. #80795
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Zzyzx Rd.
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Come for boxart design, stay for the drama.

  16. #80796
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,584

    Default

    How do I buy ownership of this site? Reed is just a legend now.

    ~ New content is coming soon. ~

  17. #80797
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Reed was literally on a few weeks ago...but yet didn't do anything or make his presence known wtf Reed do something for once!


  18. #80798
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redgrave City
    Posts
    2,164

    Default

    IIRC he only really checks the front page, but even then that's running stupid slow. Guess he just doesn't want to chill with us anymore.

  19. #80799
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentLampshade View Post
    IIRC he only really checks the front page, but even then that's running stupid slow. Guess he just doesn't want to chill with us anymore.
    Well nonetheless, if he is checking out the front page, he should get rid of all the spam and troll boxes. That's the least he can do.

    On another note, it's good to see you back man

  20. #80800
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Dog house on Levin St.
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrownDesign View Post
    Yes, Sonic, we're all aware that you have life to deal with. By the looks of things, you still haven't grown up since your last tantrum and you're still adding to the fucking problem than anything else, so, what's your point? All I suggested is that people stop whining about how dead the website is when they haven't posted for months and months.
    I actually didn't say anything, I didn't even shitpost there, I just disagreed with your opinion, one that has not been proven to work. My point, is that boxart is supposed to be fun, not arbitrary. If a person hasn't posted in four months, they still have every right to say whatever they want about the site.

    I wasn't suggesting people post mediocre garbage every day.
    Yet, you praised someone for posting a slightly desaturated version of an official cover. I don't see how that is any better than praising the heaps of garbage uploaded to the site every day?

    I'm not quite sure it does considering there are no active staff members right now, very little activity, people taking the piss constantly, making this place look like a joke, and adding more nails to the coffin each day. You didn't have that when Reed actually gave a fuck.
    Disagree, trolls and shit art where rampant on the site all throughout it's lifecycle.

    Speaking of which Sonic, what makes you think anybody gives a fuck what you think?
    You clearly care about what I think.

    We know you're a closet paedophile and racist at this point

    I actually burst out laughing at this. I have a lot to say about this, so I guess I'll start by saying it's wrong, and you are an idiot. People can enjoy dark humor without being a pedophile or a racist. You took the jokes I made out of context, and claim that I made them about myself? Even though each joke was aimed at another person, and you where well aware of that.

    but nobody is allowed to tell you that your views are wrong because you'll get sad and tell everyone how depressed you are.
    I don't like that wording. "your views are wrong". I don't like rhetoric, sir, and you are using a lot of it. My views are not wrong, they are simply opposite to yours. You can criticize those views if you wish, as can everybody else, but that won't automatically change it. You are right that I did get overly melodramatic, but I didn't use my disability as a crutch, as you like to insinuate. It simply came up in that conversation.

    Fuck up, man, seriously. We all have problems - you don't get special treatment, especially after the last time you insulted the fuck out of everybody on the forum essentially, past and present, gave a handful of half-arsed apologies, and it was actually me that gave you the benefit of the doubt. I was wrong to do that because, despite all the comments from people saying you constantly fall back into the same routine of "act like a cunt, pretend to apologise, rinse & repeat" I chose to see the positives. That was obviously a mistake.
    I insulted three parties, not the entire forum. Shiraz's circlejerk, henry stienbock, and violet. I think you are taking this entirely out of proportion. I thought my response was dignified, and at the very least, calm. At this point, it would appear that this has more to do with taking out frustration towards me, then it does the site.

    This forum is not going to get anywhere without fucking staff members. I tell you that for a fact, purely because there's shit that needs cleaning up that other people simply can't do. I've messaged Reed multiple times, but every time he just comes online and ignores my messages. When the captain of the ship doesn't give a fuck anymore, why should anyone else? 7th forum I've been on, and the 5th vBulletin one at that. None of them are alive anymore - because the owners stopped caring.
    I agree. The only reason I said it contradicted what you said earlier is because you said that we could fix it by simply making more covers.

    I like poking fun at you from time to time, over how seriously you take this site, measuring people's worth by boxart, etc. But again, I thought that response was pretty dignified, and over all, very calm.
    All is cold and frozen. Frozen the sea. Frozen the sky.
    Frozen is death. But I cannot die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •