Box Design Showcase
VISIT OUR NEW SISTER SITE
Introducing PosterMason! It's like VGBA, but for posters. Check it out and start submitting your work.
What would you like to see happen in the next Kick-Start Event? Ideas, suggestions, comments, all go here.
XCore and I were talking after the event about what we would like to see occur for the next event. Here are a few of those ideas. Feel free to comment on them as you see fit.
1) Privacy: The event should continue to be invitation-only, as well as secret. Maintaining the secrecy of the dates and times associated with the event is the best way to maintain the level of quality we would like to see from ourselves in the event, while also keeping the event organized.
2) Community: One of the downfalls of the last event was the complete lack of community involvement. That's why we created this group. Here you can post WIPs, comment on boxes, ask for advice, offer tutorials, organize collaborative boxes, and in general find a great place to find help, critiques, and suggestions for your boxes.
3) Organization: Using this group, we can organize times for box postings by creating a schedule on which people can sign up for times to post their boxes.
4) Size Matters: We thought it would be cool to stretch the event out over the course of a weekend, across two days. That means encouraging everyone to make two boxes, but it would be a MASSIVE event.
5) Support: Both in terms of the members and the event, we should support each other. We had 40+ people signed up to participate in the last event, and not even half of them actually posted a box. We can't do events like these if we don't have support.
I think this is perfect for WiP's inside the event, and this will also make the next event much more organized. Good thinking guys!
Name it Kickstart 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Please, do it, I am itching to make a logo like this: http://hwcdn.themoviedb.org/posters/...o-original.jpg
WIP's are a necessity for this event to be a big success, as well as scheduled posting times. I feel like two days would be great, and everyone should be able to make two depending on how long we have until the next event.
Do you all still believe the event should be private? We got a lot of complaints about it, and I can see the argument, but I still think it should be private.
I think that it should be slightly more opened. However, the thing that happened with photoshopfather is one thing that makes me say "No, close it." Maybe invite a select few for the group, that deserve it, like BYTD did.
No m_g, because that would make this worse. People would be even more up in arms. I can hear them now, "How is Mariolee in there, he's not even a veteran!"