View Full Version : cutting out in gimp
10-15-2007, 09:12 AM
how do you cut out in gimp im lost
10-15-2007, 12:05 PM
cutting out logos:
1. select the magic wand tool
2. select the part you want to cut out
3. select "cut to selection" (something like that, can't remember what it's called :o)
4. go on edit, then select Edit
it should be cut out... well, something along those lines. i'm not that great at cutting stuff but this is what i usually do for basic logos and such
hope this helps
10-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Here's my way:
1. Select the Create and Edit Paths tool (Hotkey B)
2. Mark the area you want removed
3. Return to main GIMP window and press the big Create Selection From Path button
4. Select Edit>Clear (Hotkey Ctrl+K) and the selected area will be gone
5. Deselect and reselect the Create and Edit Paths tool and repeat on another removable area
I'm running on Linux so the hotkeys may vary. Also this method does not work on the Background layer, so you must copy the image into another layer.
10-15-2007, 01:40 PM
go to the forums and look up the way i cut in the help section..it works well.
10-15-2007, 11:46 PM
thanks for the help guys
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.