The contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered! See all entries here and favorite the ones you like best. The winning atari box cover will be announced on March 25th.
The goal of the contest is to create a box for the Atari 2600 using a modern console game. For example, you could create a box for an Atari 2600 version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Read on for details...
- Must be a retail (in-store) console game that has been released on the Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii
- Unreleased console games that are due in 2012 are allowed
- The box must be submited to the Atari section of the site
- You must tag your entry as Atari Reborn
- You must submit your entry by March 18th 11:59PM PST
- You may submit as many boxes as you'd like from now until March 18th
How is the winner chosen?
The winner will be chosen by the community through the favorites system (the same way boxes are chosen for the Hall of Fame). The box with the highest score by March 25th wins.
What does the winner get?
- A $25 Amazon.com Gift Certificate
- A special achievement unlock
- Bragging rights, forever enshrined as a VGBA contest winning designer
Should the box look "official"?
If you include any screenshots on the box (note that many old Atari boxes didn't have any), they should look like the game would actually run on the Atari 2600 system. So be sure to look at what those games looked like. This means you'd likely either need to either create some pixel art or find freely useable art that would work. You may be able to repurpose sprites from old Atari games.
Here are some resources you can use to help make your box.
- Atari 2600 Fonts
- Atari 2600 Templates: By Leegion / By stevencho / By Leegion / By Leegion
- Atari 2600 Logo
- Atari Logo (white)
- Atari Logo (black)
- Atari Logo (red)
Check this forum thread for questions and discussion related to the contest.